VBAC at PRMC in Salisbury - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-14-2010, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can someone recommend a VBAC friendly provider at PRMC? I'm tyring to find one for a friend.

Thanks!

Herbalist.Doula.Photographer. 
Euphoric Birth, Euphoric Herbals, Euphoric Photography

#2 of 2 Old 10-15-2010, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please know that the International Cesarean Awareness Netork (ICAN) is an excellent resource for cesarean and VBAC research. Folks can reach ICAN of Baltimore through our website (Google it) as well as attending our free monthly meetings. ICAN is an all-volunteer organization.

PRMC has one caregiver who accepts VBACs however very few seem to be done each year at the facility. On our website we now have a chart showing the number of VBACs that happened at each facility in Maryland in 2009. "n/a" on the chart means either a VBAC ban (Easton, Cecil County, Garrett County) or that there were less than twenty cases in that year at that hospital.

People sometimes contact me about PRMC having a VBAC ban but I've never been able to verify that. The problem turned out that at least one of the OB practices there was telling women that there was a ban when in fact there wasn't.

The OB who will do VBACs there seems to not be willing to meet with women prior to pregnancy. Have the mom email me through the ICAN website and I can give her the provider's name as well as discuss other area VBAC options.

-Barbara S. (a volunteer who does not benefit financially from this post)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page