Does anyone else use Dr. Tellerman? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 01-07-2011, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just heard from a doula client that nurse Harriet has left bawling.gif the practice.  I am so sad.  Has anyone else heard this as well?

#2 of 13 Old 01-08-2011, 08:17 AM

She was there last Tuesday, but she seemed very irked that the office staff overbooked that day.

Mama to DS1 (2/08) and DS2 (9/10).
#3 of 13 Old 01-13-2011, 07:00 PM

She is no longer there. Webwere there friday and the temp nurse said Harriet had left
#4 of 13 Old 01-19-2011, 10:05 AM

What? Wow. That's really sad.  My son loved her, my daughter was a bit scared of her, but she was very personable in an office where personality and touchy-feely moments were few and far  between.

Well....they are typically overbooked ;)

#5 of 13 Old 01-19-2011, 06:33 PM

How long have you been going to teller man? Since you said short on personality--I feel the same way. The care seems good but I would like a little more interaction.
#6 of 13 Old 01-20-2011, 05:11 AM

Sorry to hear about Harriet leaving the practice.  We started there when my babe was a newborn and she was so bubbly and playful with all of the kids.  In my opinion, she made up for the lack of personality in the rest of the staff including Dr. Tellerman.

We wound up switching out of the practice due to the lack of communication.

#7 of 13 Old 01-26-2011, 02:37 PM

who did you switch to? tellerman certainly isn't big on bedside manner or the office equivalent. i've been mulling over switching but havent' heard of any fantastic alternatives in the city. ??? Recommendations? Someone ok with delayed/selective vax?

#8 of 13 Old 01-28-2011, 11:13 AM

My daughters have been patients of Dr. Tellerman for 5 years.  We switched to that practice after our previous pediatrician basically kicked us out of his practice for delaying vaccinations for my 2nd daughter.  I have found Dr. Tellerman's personality to be dry, but, a bubbly personality is not what I am looking for in a doctor for my children.  Over the years he has always been quick to call back, always has an appointment if needed, and has even called to check up on my daughter after she had been in earlier that week for a sick visit.  He has never shown us anything but respect for our choices to bf, delay vax, co-sleep, etc.  I don't go there for unsolicited parenting advice, so that works out well.  There are also other doctors in the practice, at least one woman, who has a pleasant and professional demeanor, too.  I believe the whole practice is far more professional and caring then most doctor's offices I visit.  I have wondered if there was a Dr. Tellerman for grown ups? (If you know of one, please PM me!)

Our last visit Ms. Harriet was not there and there seemed to be a closed mouth vibe around it, which is the professional way to handle it, IMO.  I liked Ms. Harriet, but, there are always three sides to every story.  I hope she fares well, wherever she ends up. 

#9 of 13 Old 02-11-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitymama View Post

My daughters have been patients of Dr. Tellerman for 5 years.  We switched to that practice after our previous pediatrician basically kicked us out of his practice for delaying vaccinations for my 2nd daughter.  I have found Dr. Tellerman's personality to be dry, but, a bubbly personality is not what I am looking for in a doctor for my children.  Over the years he has always been quick to call back, always has an appointment if needed, and has even called to check up on my daughter after she had been in earlier that week for a sick visit.  He has never shown us anything but respect for our choices to bf, delay vax, co-sleep, etc.  I don't go there for unsolicited parenting advice, so that works out well.  There are also other doctors in the practice, at least one woman, who has a pleasant and professional demeanor, too.  I believe the whole practice is far more professional and caring then most doctor's offices I visit.  I have wondered if there was a Dr. Tellerman for grown ups? (If you know of one, please PM me!)

Our last visit Ms. Harriet was not there and there seemed to be a closed mouth vibe around it, which is the professional way to handle it, IMO.  I liked Ms. Harriet, but, there are always three sides to every story.  I hope she fares well, wherever she ends up. 

I could not agree more.  And, just to add, he does not push abx nor does he get caught up developmental milestones that don't make sense in terms of health.  I appreciate, too, how thorough he is during exams and am always amazed at how quickly he calls me back and talks me off the ledge :)

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#10 of 13 Old 02-14-2011, 09:32 PM

If I may ask, who is Dr. Tellerman and where is he located?  I'm 6 mos pregnant and haven't really shopped around for a pediatrician yet.

#11 of 13 Old 02-15-2011, 05:56 AM

dr. Tellerman is in the rotunda shopping center (very convenient if you need to stop by the pharmacy or grocery after an appointment)

711 West 40th Street Suite 438
Baltimore, MD 21211

Creative - Wife to heartbeat.gif mother to 4  biggrinbounce.gif bouncy.gif jog.gif3rdtri.gifhomebirth.jpgwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gifhomeschool.gif and always praying.gif. (Learning Grace and patience)

#12 of 13 Old 02-15-2011, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

I recommend Dr. Tellerman to all of my childbirth edu. classes.  Of course he is not the only option in Baltimore.  But I have found him to be informative, flexible, and non-reactionary! A great combination for a pediatrician.  In class we always discuss what qualities, characteristics, services we might want in a ped.  He works for me and my personality but may not for everyone.  Start interviewing different ones now b/c 3 months will go very quickly ;-)

D

#13 of 13 Old 02-15-2011, 11:25 AM

Oh, just a bit too far. I'm just south of DC in Fort Washington.  Thanks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page