Recomendations on a Midwife for Homebirth in Towson/Baltimore? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-19-2014, 04:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So does anyone know of any midwives who are currently doing homebirths in the Towson area and will accept a first time mother? Seems like the few I've come across are in D.C. or in western MD and are too far away and most of the ones mentioned in this thread don't seem to be in the area or practicing anymore.

I had previously considered delivering through the midwives group at St. Joseph's as I've had a few friends who have really liked their experience there, although doing a homebirth was always in the back of my mind as an option too. This pregnancy is a complete surprise and my husband just switched jobs and we decided to chose the insurance plan with a really high deductible since we are both pretty healthy and didn't really plan on needing to use it and by doing so it saved us a ton of money. However now we're wondering if it could possibly be cheaper for us to do a homebirth out of pocket versus paying our deductable.

Any leads would be great! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2014, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan_m View Post
So does anyone know of any midwives who are currently doing homebirths in the Towson area and will accept a first time mother? Seems like the few I've come across are in D.C. or in western MD and are too far away and most of the ones mentioned in this thread don't seem to be in the area or practicing anymore.

I had previously considered delivering through the midwives group at St. Joseph's as I've had a few friends who have really liked their experience there, although doing a homebirth was always in the back of my mind as an option too. This pregnancy is a complete surprise and my husband just switched jobs and we decided to chose the insurance plan with a really high deductible since we are both pretty healthy and didn't really plan on needing to use it and by doing so it saved us a ton of money. However now we're wondering if it could possibly be cheaper for us to do a homebirth out of pocket versus paying our deductable.

Any leads would be great! Thanks!
http://www.birthwise-midwifery.com/About-Us.html

User Tag List