CSA Baltimore - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-15-2011, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, we moved here almost a year ago and I wasn't sure which CSA to join. I really want to do it this year. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have an 18 month old and live in Roland Park. Any other moms live in Roland park and want to hang out sometime?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2011, 01:26 PM

There are several CSA options around, depending on your wants/needs.  

One option is One Straw Farm (certified organic, and really great produce) which has a CSA with multiple pick-up locations in the area, including pick up at the Waverly Farmers' Market on Saturdays.  In the past they have also had a pick up location at Mill Valley.  Mill Valley is becoming Baltimore Food Co-op (BFC) this Spring so I'm not 100% sure that they will continue once they make the switch.  

http://www.onestrawfarm.com/csa.html

(oh, and my son will be 18 months in 2 weeks...  we live in Wyman Park in between Roland Park & Hampden...  PM me if you'd like to meet up sometime at the playground or something!)

Old 02-24-2011, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, I will check it out. I would love to meet up sometime too. I will have to figure out the pm thing, I am new to this board.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:27 AM

We did One Straw Farm at work last year and it was great.  They have a bunch of pick up sites listed on their website but can be a little pricey.  We usually just go to the farmers market under 83 but now that we are further out in the county I am looking for a closer CSA too.

We live in Fullerton and I have a 12 month old, we would love to meet up for a playdate!

Old 04-26-2011, 09:54 PM

I was just hopping on here to look for csa info... Ive called a few, none have openings for 2011.  :(  I was hoping to find one on here that might still be accepting applicants!

On another note, we live in Perry Hall and would love to get together for a play group too!

User Tag List