Pediatrician near Towson/Baltimore that's knowledgable about Non-circumcised penis? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-19-2011, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey ladies, sorry if this has already been asked. I did a search and didn't find anything. 

We're having our baby in May and have decided not to circumcise.  I'd like to find a pediatrician who knows how to care for an intact penis and knows what to do should a problem should it arise.

It worries me how many women have said their Ped tried to force a foreskin retraction or are unable to recognize something simple like chapped skin and misdiagnose & recommend circumcision.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2011, 06:59 AM

Our son hasn't had any problems to address, but both pediatricians we've seen for check ups (Dr. Israel in Reisterstown and Dr. Dejarnette in Towson) have not once tried to retract (or touch it at all) and were not at all surprised at the fact that he isn't circ'ed. That said, that's not a promise that they'll know what to do if a serious problem occurs, but for me they would at least be a starting point since they know the basic procedures and care that so many doctors don't seem to know...

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

Old 02-21-2011, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

That's good news, Thank you!

User Tag List