Can anyone recommend a divorce lawyer in Maryland (Silver Spring/Takoma Park/Bethesa/Rockville) area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-23-2011, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can't ask around because I don't want my plans out before I am ready to act. I am looking for a good divorce lawyer in my area. Doesn't have to be low cost/free or whatever. I just want someone who has a good reputation for attention to detail and an ability to successfully negotiate a settlement and tendency to avoid litigation.

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-07-2011, 10:13 AM

Sally Gold is in Baltimore, but she's fantastic.

DS September 2008 and DD September 2010
#3 of 4 Old 03-27-2011, 10:17 PM

Im using Bryan Renehan in Gaithersburg.  The Baltimore divorce attorneys are all "sleeping with" each other, so be wary.  Their friendships often impact the outcomes.  I had to fire my last one for divulging information to the opposing party, among other things.  The town is just so small, which is why I pulled one out of DC instead.

#4 of 4 Old 03-28-2011, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the replies. I consulted w/ two lawyers, and settled on one with a small firm but listed in the Washingtonian "Best Lawyers" issue. I was very  impressed by both lawyers, either would have been good. I think the second was stronger on being able to actively come up with some ways to present a settlement that is likely to be accepted. She was also fairly optomistic about being able to keep costs in the 3k-5k ballpark, rather than then the 7-10k of the other lawyer (they charge about the same per hour).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page