Doula & Nanny moving to shore of MD - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-25-2011, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello Mamas & Papas,

I am a doula and nanny from Asheville, NC but grew up in *******, Maryland. My husband is applying for several jobs in the Natural Resources arena on the eastern shore, and we hope to be moving there around June 1st 2011.

I want to start putting out the word that I am available for Nanny and Postpartum Doula care for the summer, in your home or mine.  We will be living right near my grandparents, who own a big farm in ******* Maryland, lots of room to play outside!!

A little about my experience:

My childcare experience started when I was 16, when my mother had another child. I helped her though her pregnancy and postpartum experience and it started a passion that has continued since. When I moved to Asheville almost 4 years ago, I found a thriving childbirth community. I began my doula training and became certified in both Birth & Postpartum Doula care, and then became a Certified Childbirth Educator through Lamaze International.

I have now been a business owner, doula, and childbirth educator for years and love every minute of it. I attend births regularly, and have helped over 50 postpartum families get off to a great start with newborn care techniques, breastfeeding counseling, and much more.

During this time I have also been a nanny for two wonderful families.

I have been with the first family since November of 2008. The youngest is now 2, the middle child is a 7 year old boy, and the oldest a 11 year old girl. They are now my family in the truest sense. I love them as if they are my own child, and leaving them behind in Asheville will be one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I do everything for this family, cook, clean, laundry, story time at the Library, take the older kids to music lessons, crafts, homework- everything a mom would do. It has been one of the greatest pleasures I have known.

I have been with my second family since February of 2010, just a little over one year. I started off as their birth and postpartum doula, and fell in love with them. The boys are twins, both 1 year. They are wild and so much fun! It’s been a blessing to watch them grow as they have, and to be a part of their family. I do many of them same things for this family, cook, clean, laundry and take care of these two very active, sweet boys. Twins are hard, but it’s very rewarding work.

As you can probably tell, I have a lot of childcare experience, especially with newborns & babies due to my doula work, but I love all ages equally. My greatest aspiration in life is to be a good mother, and raise solid, healthy children who make the world a better place. As my husband and I prepare for that eventual gift, this is the work I strive to do- and do well, as it is giving me the experience I need to raise the happy, healthy family I hope to have someday.

Please feel free to look at my website to get a little better idea of what I do www.motheringthemama.com and please call me if you would like to take about possibly working together this summer. I will repost this occasionally this spring.

Thank you so much!

Jordan Glover

Jordan@motheringthemama.com

252-256-1692

#2 of 2 Old 03-22-2011, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

Welcome back to Maryland.  Maybe now that we have a new member of the birth community on the Eastern Shore you could lead the effort to reverse the VBAC ban at Memorial Hospital at Easton?  Now that we have favorable documens from the NIH VBAC hearing plus the new ACOG VBAC guidelines issued back in July I think the hospital needs to be approaced about ending the ban.

Barbara Stratton

ICAN of Baltimore co-leader

(ICAN is an all-volunteer organization and so no one profits financially from this message)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page