Mothering Forum banner

FREE in Baltimore: Comfrey & Witch Hazel Pads

689 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  blessedwife 
#1 ·
I made a bunch of comfrey and witch hazel pads for after DC's birth and never used them. They're made with conventional pads, comfrey root and leaf & witch hazel from Towson Health Concern. They're all individually wrapped in their original wrapping and in a zip locked bag. They're free to anyone who can come pick them up. I live in NE Baltimore.

#2 ·
Hello,

I am interested in the witch hazel pads. I am pregnant with my second baby right now and have some haemorroids and my midwife asked me to use stool softner (colace) and tux pads (witch hazel). Just had a few questions for you though-

1) is comfrey root and leaf safe for use by pregnant women?

2)what do you mean by conventional pads? something like always pads? or stayfree pads?

I am imagining you soaked the pads in that liquid/solution? if yes wont it be heavy? and when you sit on it liquid squeeze out and wet ur pants/ etc..? am I imagining wrong?

3) how are these different from tux pads from store?

thank you for your time. I live in owings mills and work in baltimore downtown.

#3 ·
Hi, mama and welcome to MDC. I'm not sure the pads would work all that well for hemrhoids but you're welcome to try them. To answer your questions:

1. I'm not comfortable saying whether comfrey is safe - I suggest you look that up for your own self (the internet being my source...and not the most trust worthy, imo). I have read that it is safe for external use and I did use it myself (in the sitz bath) so...

2. The pads are stayfree type (like from Target or the drug store). They're not the lovely health food store type. They are lightly drizzled so probably not heavy.

3. I don't know what Tucks pads are like, sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.