Midwives near the Salisbury, MD area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-07-2011, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

First off, hi everybody! I'm a stay at home mom to three wonderful children (4, 3, and 20 months.) We're expecting our next (and last planned) little one in September.

Now, on to the question at hand. While I am very thankful for three healthy babies in my last experiences, I would really like this last birth to be what I've wanted from the start. Natural. Nothing in my experience says PRMC + my OBs will produce to a natural birth. Even my favorite OB pushed to pit me last time. Thus, I think it's about time to see what my other choices are.

I did an online search when we first found out we were pregnant, but didn't find any midwives or birth centers in the area. Now I'm seeing one pop on my searches, but I can't find any feedback for her. Does anybody in the Salisbury area have recommendations? Do they take patients 33+ weeks along? Do any of them happen to be able to do non-home births? (Hubby will not, under any circumstances, support a home birth.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2011, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter

Just a quick update to say a friend has informed me that there is a reason I haven't been able to find a midwife in the area. I suppose if I'd looked up the laws, I would have seen that we can only have CNMs.. Well, that stinks.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:43 PM

if you want to travel a little, Nanticoke in Seaford DE has a midwife who delivers there and Bebee in Lewes DE has 3 midwives.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Do you have experience with either? Is one 'better' than the other? Obviously, hubby and I will have to call and meet, but it's nice to have a little insight on what to expect. :)

Old 08-12-2011, 08:13 AM

PM-ing you! :)

Old 08-13-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTreasures View Post

Do you have experience with either? Is one 'better' than the other? Obviously, hubby and I will have to call and meet, but it's nice to have a little insight on what to expect. :)

I used Bebee twice and am using Nanticoke now because of insurance. You have a MUCH better chance of getting delivered by a midwife if you use Bebee, I did both times. I really liked my first birth, but had a different midwife with my second and it was just ok. I'm not to happy with the Nanticoke practice so far tho, they are very medical and I'm no longer allowed to see the midwife because I'm to "high risk".

Old 08-28-2011, 09:35 PM

Chesapeake women's Health in Easton MD has midwives. They deliver at the local hospital which has birthing rooms with jacuzzi tubs you can labor in.  It's an hour away but I know quite a few people that drive/have driven there - they're pretty good.  The only midwife that is still there from when I was there is Peny and she is excellent.  I delivered ds2 with them at 40 1/2 weeks and my water broke before labor started.  They waited 18 hours for labor to start without pressuring me before we came to a mutual decision to start pitocin.  I found that the MD's in the practice are much more medically inclined but when I was there, there was always a midwife available and the doctors didn't really step in unless the pregnancy was high risk or there were problems.

User Tag List