Childcare in DC? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-08-2011, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

I'm going to be moving to the DC area soonish (within the next month or so) for a job.  I'll need childcare for my 2.5yo son.  I'll be looking in either Northern VA, or in the Foggy Bottom area (close to work).

Ideas??  Reviews of places NOT to go?

Thanks!

Thyra

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2011, 11:49 AM

I don't have any suggestions, but I wanted to say welcome to DC! It is a delightful place to live. orngbiggrin.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 08-09-2011, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by escher View Post

I don't have any suggestions, but I wanted to say welcome to DC! It is a delightful place to live. orngbiggrin.gif

Thanks!!  I'll be living with family initially (a few months at least until I save up enough for an apartment deposit and all that) - any advice on good places to live?  I will not have a car initially and the cost of living is a little scary!

Old 08-14-2011, 07:49 PM

I don't know a lot about the different options.  We've always used a Bright Horizons location in NoVA.  We're generally very happy with it.  I think it's obscenely expensive, but we both WOH full-time and I can't beat the convenience given where it is in location to my job.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Charm View Post

I don't know a lot about the different options.  We've always used a Bright Horizons location in NoVA.  We're generally very happy with it.  I think it's obscenely expensive, but we both WOH full-time and I can't beat the convenience given where it is in location to my job.

Can you tell me how expensive it is?  There is one very close to where I will be working - but I haven't found out how much it costs.  I'm a single mom, so I'm a tad worried about how I'm going to afford everything, but I'll manage somehow.

Thanks though!!

Old 08-23-2011, 11:51 AM

Um, can I just say HOLY CRAP!!!!  PM me with deets please!!!  Specifically how ex is handling all this.  Im genuinley curious.  AND CONGRATS!!!!!!!  I shouldnt be happy about you moving FARTHER away from me.  But if Im ever in the DC area, I will look you up.  winky.gif

User Tag List