Looking for a Pediatric Chiropractor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-13-2012, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm visiting my family in Kensington, MD and am looking for a pediatric chiropractor. Yesterday during dinner, my 2 year old started crying and saying "My neck! My neck!," I could tell by the way he was holding his head he didn't have full range of motion. It's somewhat better today (I did ice packs/heat bags on and off yesterday and today) but it hurts him really badly when he tries to sit up and he screams. It must have just seized up--he has no other signs, symptoms. I know it will heal on its own if I keep doing what I'm doing, but I also feel like a chiropractor could help get everything back in line so it heals faster.

Does anyone know of a good pediatric chiropractor in the area? I looked on the ICPA website and called in an appt with Dr. Kadin, randomly, but I'm almost positive she can't see him until Monday and I'd like to get him in somewhere today if possible.

Thanks for any ideas/advice!

#2 of 5 Old 01-13-2012, 12:25 PM

I know that Friendship Heights Chiropractic has some Saturday hours. http://friendlydoc.com/ Good luck!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#3 of 5 Old 01-19-2012, 09:45 AM

I am probably replying too late on this, but my husband is a chiropractor and he sees patients out of our home/office evenings and weekends.  (He works in DC during the day.)  I'd be happy to help get him set up if it's not too late...  Good luck!

#4 of 5 Old 01-19-2012, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much--I really appreciate that. We actually got fit in at Dr. Kadin's office that same day and have seen her twice. My son is much better. We found out his neck seized up like that because I only nurse on one side and have for the last year--so he's been imbalanced and his little muscles on one side have been overworked. Who knew? Now we're changing up positioning while nursing to try and get him balanced out.

#5 of 5 Old 01-19-2012, 12:48 PM

Interesting!  That's great that you saw Dr. Kadin.  She's terrific - I've met her through my hubby before.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page