Feedback on Joey Pascarella @ Sacred journey midwifery - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-03-2012, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am relatively new to the DC area and am expecting my second baby. I am very interested in home birth and after researching the Internet and looking at my insurance my options have boiled down to birth care or Joey Pascarella. Anyone have birth experience with Joey? I would appreciate any feedback.

#2 of 10 Old 02-03-2012, 03:46 PM

You can PM Jenga for her experience.  I'm sure there are other moms who have used her who can tell you about their experience.  I haven't used her, she doesn't come to my area.  

Wife to a wonderful DH, Mom to 3 amazing girls and one special boy, IBCLC, supporter of moms. 
#3 of 10 Old 02-03-2012, 06:55 PM

We used Birthcare and loved them!

#4 of 10 Old 02-04-2012, 01:21 AM

Another good resource for reading client reviews on both providers is the Birth Options Alliance listserv: http://www.birthoptionsalliance.org/

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page on the left hand sign, you'll find a link to their listserv, which is hooked up to an amazing amount of birth workers and home birth families in the area. I'm sure you could find plenty of reviews there by reading past posts.

Personally, I interviewed both of the options you mentioned and they weren't for me. I went with another home birth midwife in the area.

Mama, birth worker, and dreamer extraordinaire. slingboy.gif

Please read the NEW User Agreement.

#5 of 10 Old 02-06-2012, 07:25 PM

Joey attended my birth last May & I was happy with her.  Feel free to PM me with any specifics.

Blissful wife & momma, so in love w/DD 5.2.2011 & DS 10.31.13 homebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gif 
#6 of 10 Old 02-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

Please put negative health care provider reviews in out Reviews section.  This is for liability reasons, and we need negative reviews to not be on the boards, but only in our review section. You are free to PM me if you wish to discuss it further.  I have removed a post containing a negative review.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#7 of 10 Old 02-13-2012, 11:55 AM

I just gave birth at home with Joey and had a really good experience.  Her assistant is a pediatric nurse and she also has a student midwife.  We used her because she takes Tricare.  I think she may be the only HB midwife in the area who does.  

#8 of 10 Old 02-16-2012, 02:23 PM

Why would negative reviews be deleted?  I think that's irresponsible.

Sanveann likes this.
#9 of 10 Old 02-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 64 Post(s)

You are free to post negative prOvider reviews in the reviews section. Just not in our forums. If you wish to discuss it further, please feel free to PM me. 

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#10 of 10 Old 02-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 86 Post(s)

We do not allow negative reviews because members post anonymously under usernames and the legal liability falls on us since we do moderate content on the forums. We do not moderate reviews content in the Reviews section so you are welcome to post your review there. However, the Reviews section is not a discussion forum so your review should be posted as directed in the Reviews guidelines. 

I'm sorry but this thread is closed and the negative review content removed. 

Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page