RE: outbreak of campylobacter (milk) PA & MD - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-08-2012, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

x-post from PA thread

from a NON-political point----has anyone found any information on the real numbers effected by this?

I would like to know (if anyone does know) how only such a small number were effected?

given the production and bottling I find this really hard to believe---any insight here??? knowing it effected MD and PA I still don't see the numbers adding up-bottles went in two different directions, also several counties in PA

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1344116/anyone-else-sick-with-campylobacter-from-the-recent-raw-milk-contamination-in-pa

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#2 of 7 Old 02-08-2012, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

wow- this is the first I've heard of this!  Thank you for posting here.  I need to read more about the source and where else the milk is sold.  What an awful situation; I am so sorry that family and others were so severely ill. 

#3 of 7 Old 02-08-2012, 07:47 PM

This was the farm we buy from---- STILL buy from :).

Here is their website: www.yourfamilycow.com

It has all the emails they sent out to us under "Raw Milk Info" (I think that's what it says, it's a button on the right on the homepage).

They were very upfront and extremely honest about the entire situation. Not sure about the exact #s but I DO know that the media grabbed this and ran with misinformation all over radio and print, so the #s are distorted from these venues. Read the farm's emails for the real story and resolutions, these guys are a real family with real love for their customers, they were devastated and completely fixed the problem, they've been nothing but honest and up front with all of us, regardless of what their customers who are in the legal professions told them. The PDA has completely cleared them as well as their own state sanctioned private tests. I just went up today in a snow storm (tells you how much I missed their milk and food) and we have already finished 1/2 of one of the gallons I bought today.

I highly recommend this family farm. They are 100% grass fed/organic/raw and sell many products. They employ local people who genuinely care about us as customers and individual people. They are clean cut, Christian, honest, hardworking, and real people; I will always buy from them.

#4 of 7 Old 02-08-2012, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
 Read the farm's emails for the real story and resolutions

where is this? I can not find any thing on the link you posted.

&

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#5 of 7 Old 02-09-2012, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

I saw some statements on their web site but I don't know what you mean by emails? where they private?

In our area we had heard (via the media) in the 30's the number effected and now I hear hear 43.

Does anyone know if this is correct?

&

#6 of 7 Old 02-10-2012, 10:44 AM

http://www.yourfamilycow.com/current-events.html

Under "Important Raw Milk Notices" on homepage.

I have no idea about the #s.

Out of curiosity why is that so important to you?

and IMO I would take what the media is saying with a HUGE grain of salt.

#7 of 7 Old 02-10-2012, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

I have had two people tell me that this out break only effected about a dozen people and I have heard the same BS about the media. That just doesn't add up to what the news reports are saying.

As a consumer I would like to make informed choices and without accurate information that is hard to do. 

It's hard to know-I have read media accounts (and heard the same) that they (media) are reoporting what the PA and MD dept of health is saying- so how does one not believe the Dept of Health?

With any disease transparency is important - IMO

&

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page