Anyone seen Dr. Ginsberg in Burtonsville? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-11-2012, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi we just moved to Silver Spring and are looking for a gp. An acquaintance mentioned Dr. Ginsberg and I wondered if anyone had experience with him? Any recommendations for gp/ family practitioners would be appreciated! I am really looking for someone thorough, who will listen. Also looking for a good obgyn. Thanks for the help! 

#2 of 4 Old 02-12-2012, 11:48 AM

Hi.  I used to see Dr ginsburg a few years ago.  He was a nice enough guy, but the wait times were insane.  I waited at least an hour if not more each time.  One time, I had taken off of work and arranged for extra daycare for my 2 kids, and waited 2 hours and was never seen.  I finally had to leave b/c the daycare was closing.  I was out a lot of $ for an appt that never happened- AND THEY STILL SENT ME A BILL!

The appointments were about 5 mins long and very rushed.  The only positive was that I was nursing at the time, and was there for a prescription, and he asked me if I had looked up the safety of the med w/ bf, and the timing of taking it w/ nursing, and didn't seem to think it was weird that I was nursing my toddler.

There are better gp's nearer to SS, I wouldn't bother traveling that far for Dr G unless things have changed drastically in the past couple years.

For ob/gyn's, try starting with the list on the birth options alliance site, www.birthoptionsalliance.org

#3 of 4 Old 03-07-2012, 08:37 PM

Sad to hear about the wait times and problems, but HAPPY to hear that my efforts at educating him thoroughly about extended breastfeeding and medications and mothers milk 13 years ago when I was nursing my toddler twins, bore fruit.  I liked him a lot but he was very lacking in the breastfeeding information department.  It appears I trained him well though, LOL!

#4 of 4 Old 04-08-2012, 08:19 PM

That is my mom's GP, and she LOVES Dr. Ginsberg.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page