n/m, please delete - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-29-2012, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wow!  This post was really misinterpreted, guess I did a cruddy job of expressing myself.  It's my sister, she came to me for suggestions, I was just trying to help her out.  Nevermind, best to just delete and move on...

treehugger.gif Mama to DS 8/2006 superhero.gifand DD 4/2010 energy.gif with  stork-suprise.gif expected 2/2013

#2 of 3 Old 05-29-2012, 05:23 PM

I would probably try to step back a little bit. I did attempt a vbac and ended up with another csection because there really was an issue with my pelvis being to small for the baby to rotate. I do trust the midwives opinion on that and while maybe I could have done something other than I did do, at the time I tried my hardest and the best I could. Other than putting her in contact with ICAN, you cant really push her to try harder to get a vbac. I did everything including switching practices at 37 weeks and turns out my pelvis really was too small (and yes i do have xray proof to back that i have some genetic issues with the formation of my pelvis and lower back) ICAN of Baltimore should be able to help with finding medical people and with her making a decision on what action she would feel comfortable taking. You really can't make her understand anything especially if she is defensive about it.

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#3 of 3 Old 05-29-2012, 08:09 PM

Sorry, but I'd be defensive and easily offended too if someone came up and started telling me that my c-section was unnecessary and that they know what's best for my body and my birth. How about instead of looking for care providers that she's not interested in using, you try to understand what she went through and respect her choices and decisions?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page