Looking for a non-vax or delayed vax friendly pediatrician in Delaware, Northeast MD, or South East PA - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-06-2012, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi All! I am having a really difficult time locating a pediatrician in my area that would be ok with a delayed vaccine schedule or one that is non vaccine friendly. Anything in Delaware, Northeast MD, or Southest PA would be amazing. Any assistance would be wonderful!! joy.gif

#2 of 6 Old 07-07-2012, 06:21 AM

Can you travel to Baltimore? Dr Alicia Morgan-cooper with village pediatrics is great.
#3 of 6 Old 07-07-2012, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmorefarmgirl View Post

Can you travel to Baltimore? Dr Alicia Morgan-cooper with village pediatrics is great.

It's about an hour from us, in good traffic, but I would be willing to drive it if I couldn't find anyone closer. I have an 18 month old and a new baby on the way. I'll be delivering at Christiana Hospital in Delaware and they require a Dr. From your pediatrician's office to visit the baby in the hospital, but I think I could just use someone else local for that visit and then switch. I appreciate your reply for sure! Hopefully I will be able to find someone a little closer, but if not, I would be willing to do the drive. Thanks!
#4 of 6 Old 10-08-2013, 07:49 PM

Hi,

Have you had any luck finding a pediatrician who is non vax friendly?!  I really need help finding someone.

#5 of 6 Old 10-20-2013, 04:18 AM

Anyone else have any more ideas? I'm still looking for a no vax friendly ped.

Mama to 14yo, 9yo, 7yo, and babe born 9/2012
#6 of 6 Old 10-21-2013, 01:07 PM

Hi i found one finally near White Marsh! She is very intelligent and compassionate she also trains med students from John Hopkins so I felt as though I was getting a second opinion at the same time.  Another positive aspect about the practice was we did not get a single lecture on vaccines in fact I felt as though she completely understood why. Plus she is a supporter of breastfeeding and has first hand knowledge on extended BFing.  The only thing I would say is a negative is that there was no separate entrance or area for well children.  PM me if you want her info.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page