Anyone from Annapolis? Moving to the area - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-11-2012, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Hi! Dh is in Annapolis now working on the Chesapeake bay bridge and we will be moving up there with him in the next few weeks. Just wanted to see if there is anyone here in that area with any recs or what to expect. I have three little ones 1, 5, and 7. The oldest two will be homeschooling. Can anyone give me an idea what the area is like... good peds or child dentists, local grocery stores or farmer's markets, good parks or neat things to do with the kids, etc. I'll love any help I can get here. I can't wait to get moved!

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#2 of 4 Old 07-11-2012, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Check out Anne arundel birth circle. Not that you're pregnant, but might be a good place to contact some like-minded mamas. I live in Baltimore and don't get to Annapolis much, especially for stuff such as markets or doctors. It's a beautiful town though. Good luck and welcome!

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1353682/anne-arundel-birthing-circle-meeting-on-wednesday-may-23
#3 of 4 Old 07-12-2012, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

OK, here's my quick recs:

Annapolis Pediatrics - it's a big practice, and I'm not thrilled, but it's easy and does the job.  Faint praise, huh?

Dr. Sissy - We love our dentist!  Dr. Beverly Jimenez is great, very child friendly office with no TVs.  Our twins really like her, although they are 4 and have only been once.

We USED to have a great farm-local connection called Maryland Table that delivered organic produce and meat, but they're going through growing pains and hopefully will be back in a few weeks.

There is a Chesapeake Children's Museum, which my girls LOVE.  But everything in it is sticky and being there makes my skin crawl.  Best on weekdays, since it gets crowded on holidays and weekends.  Open daily 10-4 (Wednesdays are iffy though.)  Worth checking out.

Best day trip - Calvert Cliffs Park.  Great trail, gentle for the little ones, and we found fossilzed shark's teeth!

Oh, and when you're splurging - we love the Pirate ride from Annapolis City dock, and the Harbor Queen too. 

Annapolis Ice Cream on main st is the best in town.

Best wishes in our wonderful area!

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
#4 of 4 Old 07-20-2012, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi and welcome!

I have 16, 6 and 4 year old girls and the 6 yo will be homeschooling, too.  We have been with ABC Pediatricare for years and are VERY happy (diagnosing croup from a cell phone held up to a baby's mouth at midnight = rockstar).  Watkin's Park is fun-- it's about 30 minutes away and FREE and has a huge playground, nature center, farm, train, and carousel.  The nature center is a great homeschool spot.

Feel free to message me if you'd like to grab coffee somewhere kid-friendly and pick my brain about Annapolis.  :-)

Trying to keep staying at home with my DDs: 11/95, 06/06, and 04/08. Married to my soulmate.
Got to admit it's getting better, getting better all the time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page