Looking for Reproductive Endocrinologist in Maryland - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-10-2012, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I searched the forum for a RE and I found Lisa Kolp.  Unfortunately she is no longer taking new patients.  Sigh.  Can anyone recommend another RE?  Melissa Yates is also in her practice.  Anyone have any experience with her?  I have secondary infertility (5 miscarriages after my last child was born).  Always in the first trimester.  I have been to a wonderful acupuncturist that I know would help, but the cost is not in our budget, until I can be sure that another pregnancy won't end in miscarriage because of some sort of physical reason.  I can get pregnant, they just don't stay.  An RE would be covered by our insurance so I thought I could get a diagnosis and take that to the acupuncturist.  I don't find much support as most folks think "I have plenty of children already" and that I am "crazy" to want any more.  I even was told on a miscarriage phone discussion/gathering that I "didn't fit in and don't belong".  My primary physician exhausted all her efforts- blood work, ultrasounds, etc etc. and said this is beyond her scope of expertise.  She is wonderful and I really thought she'd have the answer.  We are so so sad and frustrated.  I have been told to adopt.  I have been told to just give up, I am too old.  I have a loving, supportive husband who wants this as much as I.  We just need direction, perhaps the RE is the way to go.  I just want to go to an RE who will be sincere and won't balk at what we want.  We are in Baltimore but I will drive if the RE is worth it.  Thanks!

Amy,  organically growing 5 homeschooled sweetieshomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpg5 lossesbrokenheart.gifbelly.gif due this summer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 06:28 PM

I've heard excellent things about Shady Grove.  I know women who come from hours away to the fertility center there.  

I hope you find someone who has some answers for you.  

Wife to a wonderful DH, Mom to 3 amazing girls and one special boy, IBCLC, supporter of moms. 
Old 08-13-2012, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much.  I'll check it out.

Amy,  organically growing 5 homeschooled sweetieshomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpg5 lossesbrokenheart.gifbelly.gif due this summer!
Old 08-14-2012, 10:39 AM

ditto on Shady Grove fertility, they have a branch at GBMC.

User Tag List