ISO Intact-Friendly Pediatrician in Gaithersburg/Silver Spring/Bethesda - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-12-2012, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm posting this for a friend. She is moving to the area in October and is seeking recommendations for pediatricians in the Gaithersburg / Silver Spring / Bethesda area who are familiar with care of intact boys: that is, a doc who will NOT forcibly retract her infant's foreskin, who sees intact as the default and who won't push circumcision.

Any parents of intact boys in that area love your ped? Thanks in advance!

#2 of 2 Old 08-12-2012, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i go to military doctors, so i can't really help you, but i can say that all of the docs i have been around in the 1.5 years i have had my twins have all been really supportive of my boys intact status.

i have had to be diligent, cause even my main Ped who loves that i did not circa did think kinda pulling it back a little was ok and i has to stop her and explain again that it WAS NOT.

even the most intact unfriendly doctor will never retract my sons foreskin if i dont let them touch it!

so the take away i got from that, is it is up to be to be intact knowledgeable, i dont really need my doc to be, it is my job to not let them touch it when they dont need to, my job to know the details and filter anything they say about his foreskin thru what i have taken the time to learn about what is normal and what is something to look into further.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page