Looking for a good Chiropractor in Bethesda area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-24-2012, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

and good to me would be someone who is technical and deals with folks on a person to person basis, not someone who just "adjusts everything" on everyone.

i have a number of very painful issues going on, some left over from birthing and some from a very bad fall i took this summer that has tristed up a section in my mid back and reduced my mobility a lot.

i have x-rays and CAT scans of my back, i want someone who wants to see those.

i do not want to go to someone who thinks chiro is gods gift to everyone, who says they can fix all that ails me. i do not believe in going to chiropractors as your general health provider and frankly am sick of being told by some of them that the thing that is most wrong is that i dont go to them more often.

sorry im might be rambling, but i hope it will help me really get to go see someone that will be right for me and be best for me to form a relationship with. I'm in a lot of pain, i am getting physical therapy because it is the only thing my insurance pays for, the lady i am seeing has some extra training in chiro type stuff and is doing her best, she would like me to get a full going over by someone more trained than she is.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 08-24-2012, 08:41 PM

Is Old town Fairfax too far for you? Dr Erica and Dr Celeste are amazing! http://www.maimonideschiropractic.com/

broc1.gif
#3 of 12 Old 08-24-2012, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

what  do you like about them?

i would like to find someone closer, only if so i dont have to sit still in a car for so long after an adjustment.  on a perfect day that would be 30min each way (right now google has it at 1 hour 12m!)

but i also want the right person, so im open to traveling a bit

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#4 of 12 Old 08-24-2012, 09:18 PM

yeah, it's about a 25 minute drive for us......we've been going there for years....we see both of the doctors....they are awesome with the kids........regular adjustment....alternative stuff (they call it TBM)...I call it, talking to your body to try to fix it :),.....maybe give them a call and see if they can suggest someone close to you.......(also, they both have special pediatric certification for working on children...not just 'chiros' that adjust kids....feel free to PM me for more..........

broc1.gif
#5 of 12 Old 08-28-2012, 04:29 AM

Dr. Kadin in Rockville or Drs. Noya and Harris in NW DC are also good if you're okay with the commute.

Mama, birth worker, and dreamer extraordinaire. slingboy.gif

Please read the NEW User Agreement.

#6 of 12 Old 08-28-2012, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

can you tell me anything more about these folks?

#7 of 12 Old 08-29-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

can you tell me anything more about these folks?

Anything specific? I may be able to help. Here are their websites for more info:

http://www.kadinfamilychiro.com/

http://noyachiropractic.com/

#8 of 12 Old 08-29-2012, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter

I figured I was awfully specific in my first post. Si I guess I was just wondering if one of these you recommend fit what I was asking for in some specific way or where you just mentioning the folks you like in general?

#9 of 12 Old 08-29-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

I figured I was awfully specific in my first post. Si I guess I was just wondering if one of these you recommend fit what I was asking for in some specific way or where you just mentioning the folks you like in general?

I just thought I'd try to help by offering a couple of suggestions. I'm not sure if they would recommend follow-up care for your specific situation or how they would address your other questions/concerns. I've received excellent care from both Dr. Kadin and Dr. Noya and would recommend both. I had issues related to pregnancy/postpartum, which I believe is one of their specialties.

#10 of 12 Old 08-29-2012, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Nice to know they deal with post pardum things, i think one of two big issues is clearly related to that.
I was just asking if you felt they were in sink with the line ofvthinkingbi was hoping for? I guess that is my big question, I figure no one is going to recommend someone they don't think is good, but good for me might be different, you know?

#11 of 12 Old 08-30-2012, 12:37 PM

Hi,  I'd also recommend both Dr. Noya and Dr. Kadin.  They do specialize in pregnancy/postpartum issues and view people holistically, and adjust you according to what you need.  Dr. Noya may be a little easier to get to depending on where in Bethesda you're located.  I would call both and ask those questions that you had, and see what you think.  They are both very open and I'm sure would be very happy to talk things over with you.  Hopefully that would help you get a sense of who might a good fit for you.

I really hope you find relief for your issues soon!  Hopefully chiropractic work will be a good adjunct to the PT you're getting.

#12 of 12 Old 09-01-2012, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

thanks i have been reading up on both these places and will call them after th weekend and look into them further, the tenlytown location is super close to me so that may be really nice for getting ther eand back without spending long time sitting in a car messing up the work i had done

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page