primary care doctor recommendation - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-30-2012, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yet again, another doctor I was seeing has decided to close their practice. I am beginning to think its me wink1.gif So I need a primary care doctor and I guess I need to see them before Sept 15 (after that time my current dr will charge to transfer my records) I am not too picky...I just want some who is a good listener...who will admit if they dont know something and doesnt throw drugs at me to mask symptoms but really tries to figure stuff out. Anyone know a doctor like that they can recommend? I can go to carroll or howard county. Thanks for any help.

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The only PCP I've seen in Maryland that treated me like I wasn't a moron and I had any level of respect for was Dr. Wickramarate  at JHCP in Columbia.  When we moved to Baltimore I transferred out, hoping I'd find someone I like in Baltimore because driving 40 minutes when I'm sick sounds like torture. She's not holistic, but she was supportive of breastfeeding, at least in theory (I started seeing her towards the end of my first pregnancy and saw her when my nipples were a wreck from a bad latch and what I now know was a posterior tongue tie).

Finding a PCP you mesh with is so hard!  Good luck!

Wife to a wonderful DH, Mom to 3 amazing girls and one special boy, IBCLC, supporter of moms. 

User Tag List