Who does vaginal breech deliveries, preferrably at home, in MD? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-26-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 31 weeks and my midwife told me this morning that the baby is breech.  I'm fairly certain it's been flipping back and forth and I know there is still plenty of time to get it to turn (and we'll be exploring lots of options there), but I want to be prepared for the eventuality he/she doesn't turn.  I'm comfortable with the idea of a breech birth (maybe not footling, but definitely other presentations) as this is my third and I had no complications with my first two.  Can anyone recommend anyone I can contact to figure out a back-up plan?  I'm in Cockeysville but am willing to drive, obviously.  :)  Thanks.

<>< Alison
#2 of 8 Old 10-26-2012, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)

Hi, sorry, no suggestions for a HB MW but I wanted to suggest the Spinning Babies website if you haven't heard of it. 

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#3 of 8 Old 11-02-2012, 07:23 AM

I think that people have a hard enough time finding anyone to deliver at home these days....never mind a breech. :(, sorry to say.

I believe that Dr. Atlas at Mercy is very open to delivering breech.  You can send a PM to the user "imnottelling" for more info. 

It might be worth it to have a consult with Mary Knauer's practice at St. Joseph's in Towson.  I don't know about the doctors there,  but the midwives there are DEFINTELY NOT "med-wives."  It might be worth your time to make an appointment with Mary, Paula, or Lauren --there are more, but those women strike me as the ones most willing to work with you. (Lauren had 2 kids at home with Evelyn), and see what they have to say.  They might be able to guide you as to which doctors would be willing to work with you, if it comes to that.

#4 of 8 Old 11-08-2012, 08:25 AM

He's not "very open" to delivering a breech. But he has made special considerations in the past for individuals.

It would only be an option (if it's an option at all) in the hospital with him, not at home.

And it also depends on the breech presentation.

He did successfully turn my footling breech baby via ECV several years ago.

#5 of 8 Old 11-09-2012, 06:22 PM

I don't know where your town is. Are you close to the DC Metro area? You might want to try Tammi McKinley (http://novamidwife.org). Even if you aren't close, she will likely have a resource for you. She was my midwife at my second daughter's birth and I highly recommend her. She is active in the breech birth community; in fact, she's at a breech birth conference now!

#6 of 8 Old 11-11-2012, 05:05 AM

I've been told Dr. Tchabo in Arlington does breech deliveries, but not at home - http://www.tchabocareobgyn.com/

Wife to a wonderful DH, Mom to 3 amazing girls and one special boy, IBCLC, supporter of moms. 
#7 of 8 Old 11-14-2012, 05:21 PM

31 weeks is early yet and you may really benefit from a chiropractor familiar with webster technique,moxabustion and acupuncture, and external cephalic version .

MyKidKissTrees likes this.
#8 of 8 Old 11-28-2012, 09:50 PM

webster flipped my stubborn (2nd) breech after just 3 sessions!!

DD1 7 1/2 years DS1 3 1/2 years And DS2   7/18/13

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page