Possible move to MD - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-15-2013, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH has a job offer in Crownsville. Company is there now but might move into Prince Georges in another year or so. Not positive but possible so we need to keep that on mind when looking for a new home. Anyhow looking for information on towns with good schools. The more rural the better. Would hate to give up the chickens and i have a miniature horse. He needs very little space but has to be legal smile.gif. Schools are the most important, kids are 7 & 11. The 7 yr old has dyslexia. Thanks for any advice!
#2 of 8 Old 05-18-2013, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Anyone one else in this area? Bumping

#3 of 8 Old 05-19-2013, 05:51 PM

I live in Montgomery county, so I don't know about chicken and mini horse laws over east where you're looking. But Good luck with the move! 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#4 of 8 Old 05-20-2013, 07:24 AM

I live in DC, and I don't have any advice, but I wanted to say welcome (maybe) to the area!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#5 of 8 Old 05-20-2013, 11:22 AM

I'd look into Anne Arundel County - I think the schools are better in general than in PG. It also seems to have more rural(ish) spaces, so would suit you better!

#6 of 8 Old 05-22-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pssimon View Post

I'd look into Anne Arundel County - I think the schools are better in general than in PG. It also seems to have more rural(ish) spaces, so would suit you better!

I would look in upper AA county too, I am thinking Gambrills, Pasadena, Arnold area. I used to live near that area and I recall some rural areas. I do think it is a rather expensive area, at least the parts with any land, more expensive than other areas of Maryland at least.

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#7 of 8 Old 05-23-2013, 10:36 AM

My mother in law lives in Bowie Md, and there is horse farm or something like that near her home. A person in her neighbor has horses on their property. I am not sure where Crownsville is in Maryland. The schools in Bowie are ok...I don't really know much about them but usually the wealthier neighborhoods have decent schools. Bowie is about 15 minutes from D.C.

#8 of 8 Old 05-23-2013, 10:46 AM

Crownsville is a lovely, semi-rural place. Not sure about which schools go with which neighborhoods, but Millersville and Crofton are right nearby, semi-rural with good schools. Severn Chapel Road in Millersville is one of the most beautiful places in the whole county---I think :) Rolling hills, winding roads, horse farms, and homes with larger lots. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page