DC area therapist with exp. w/ eating disorders? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-25-2008, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A close friend of my partner has finally hit the point where she's realized that her current eating disorder relapse may kill her and she's ready to seek some help.

She has no idea of a good therapist to turn to and really needs some guidance right now.

I figured if anyone would have some recommendations it would be y'all.

One of the things that's very important right now, is a therapist who is willing to work within two boundaries. The first is that she does not think that she can safely take meds right now, so someone who is not a med pusher is important. The second is a bit more complecated. She thinks she'd benefit from inpatient treatment, but has to build up some sick time at her new job before she can do that without loosing her house. Finding someone who can support her in that is also really important.

If any of you have a recommendation it would be greatly appreciated. :
#2 of 2 Old 09-02-2008, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, this is not technically DC area, but Sheppard Pratt (in Baltimore) has a very well known inpatient eating disorder clinic. Let me see if I can find the link....here it is:
http://www.eatingdisorder.org/index.php

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page