Eastern Shore Mamas...Join us HERE!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-22-2010, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there! My family and I live on Kent Island. We've been here 2 years and I seek my lovely momma's when I'm confused and need guidance. I am happy to be apart of this group. Does anyone here know of any vaccine friendly peds in the area? I'm starting to have issues with mine...Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2010, 09:56 PM

Hi guys,
I'm from the ES, but haven't lived there since 1997. Moving back this year

I'll be near OC. I'm wondering, do any of you get grass-fed beef in the area? I have a great farmer where I'm moving from, but it's a 10 hour 1-way trip, not something I relish doing every year...

Once again, Chesapeake me!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboycal View Post
Hi there! My family and I live on Kent Island. We've been here 2 years and I seek my lovely momma's when I'm confused and need guidance. I am happy to be apart of this group. Does anyone here know of any vaccine friendly peds in the area? I'm starting to have issues with mine...Thanks!!!
and welcome! Maybe some of the mamas closer to you can chime in--I'm pretty far east from you, so don't think I'll be much help. Are there any DOs (Osteopaths) in your area? IME, they tend to be more accepting of delayed/selective/no vax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinches View Post
Hi guys,

I'll be near OC. I'm wondering, do any of you get grass-fed beef in the area? I have a great farmer where I'm moving from, but it's a 10 hour 1-way trip, not something I relish doing every year...
Hi! Welcome back! You got my PM...anyone else who needs details on local beef, just lmk.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:08 PM

Re: beef, you can check out Cedar Run Farm in Sudlersville, MD. Shorter than 10 hours but still not exactly local. We've gotten their beef at the farmer's market, and there was a restaurant here in Chestertown that sold burgers made with their beef, and the burgers were great! There are a couple of options up in the Kent and Queen Anne's county way. Let me know if you'd like to hear more...

myboycal: If Easton isn't too far to go, our ped was always open minded and ultimately left the decision to us. Dr. Mark Langfit. His NP, however, will badger you to death about it, so if you go to him, make sure the appt. is with him. He was kinder and gentler in a lot of ways that she wasn't.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:47 PM

Hi all ~ I'm currently living in Eastern North Carolina but will be moving to Salisbury, MD around June/July...I have a son who will be 4 in April and a baby girl who just turned 1 year. I'm wondering if anyone could suggest some good neighborhoods to look at when we start house hunting...preferably one with other young families...I'm hoping to homeschool so I'm not too worried about being in a certain district in terms of schools...any suggestions would be great! And I'm so excited to learn that there is a store there that sells cloth diapers, etc!!
Thanks...Jen
Old 02-26-2010, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

*bump*

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=802589268Blissed out Mama of 4 Peace.gif
Old 03-02-2010, 06:18 PM

Hi all! I live in Wicomico county and am 13 weeks preg with #2. Of course, the irony is that I wasn't expecting to ever be pregnant (not that I'm unhappy about it) because #1 is eleven. So here I go again! Great to know there are so many others here on the shore!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgm06 View Post
Hi all ~ I'm currently living in Eastern North Carolina but will be moving to Salisbury, MD around June/July...I have a son who will be 4 in April and a baby girl who just turned 1 year. I'm wondering if anyone could suggest some good neighborhoods to look at when we start house hunting...preferably one with other young families...I'm hoping to homeschool so I'm not too worried about being in a certain district in terms of schools...any suggestions would be great! And I'm so excited to learn that there is a store there that sells cloth diapers, etc!!
Thanks...Jen
I did send you a PM didn't I? If not, I meant to, and will. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyndmamaof4 View Post
*bump*
Hi Kaara!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11yearslater View Post
Hi all! I live in Wicomico county and am 13 weeks preg with #2. Of course, the irony is that I wasn't expecting to ever be pregnant (not that I'm unhappy about it) because #1 is eleven. So here I go again! Great to know there are so many others here on the shore!
Welcome! Yep, there are a few of us. Just have to know where to look.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

New thread! http://www.mothering.com/discussions...3#post15164943

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=802589268Blissed out Mama of 4 Peace.gif
Old 04-04-2010, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinches View Post
Hi guys,

we use-

http://www.samyoderfarm.com/

their packages are a great value.

eternal wife to Jeremy and LDS SAHM to Jonah Ephraim 9/9/05, Julian Asher 2/21/07, Caden Levi 10/31/08. :ch air
Old 04-04-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboycal View Post

we use dr scheirer, ocean pines family medicine, in berlin. 40 min drive now since we moved to fruitland but worth it!! his new np marien holand is awesome too! they don't give us any grief at all, never even made us sign any forms. he is a fantastic doc and I don't say that lightly since I don't care for the medical profession in general.

eternal wife to Jeremy and LDS SAHM to Jonah Ephraim 9/9/05, Julian Asher 2/21/07, Caden Levi 10/31/08. :ch air
Old 04-04-2010, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgm06 View Post
Thanks...Jen
we love fruitland and there are nice newer houses for sale here in our neighborhood and the nearby ones. real estate being what it is currently, plenty of foreclosures and low cost homes on the market. would love to have a fellow crunchy pre-homeschooling mama nearby! I have 4 1/2, 3, and 17 month boys.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi Eastern Shore Mamas! I posted this over on the new thread, but it doesn't look like that one is active, so I'm putting it here too. I've been working on bringing together like-minded mamas from our area and recently formed a group called Midshore Holistic Parenting. Here is our "mission statement", so to speak:

We are a group of parents who strive to raise our children in as natural a way as possible. Attachment parenting, eating natural foods, making informed health decisions, and living in an eco-conscious manner are just a few of the practices that aid us in nourishing the minds, bodies, and spirits of our children and ourselves. We recognize that parenthood is a journey and support all stages and degrees of holistic parenting. We are here to support one another, learn, and have fun!

We'll hopefully be getting together for a playgroup-type thing next week. For more information, visit us at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109696309052643&ref=mf .

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a homeschooling SAHM to Annabelle 8/02 and Willem 12/08!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2miracles View Post
we use-

I just found this post and checked out their packages. Thanks! They're the best I've found so far. I'm going to try to get our farmer/butcher from Ohio to ship to me, I believe even after shipping it may be cheaper than the local farmers. They're about $6 a pound!!! If they won't ship to me, I think I'll go with the Yoders, they seem like a great deal also.

Once again, Chesapeake me!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:50 PM

we are relocating again to the es probably next week. I need some rapid fire recommendations of where to live (or where NOT to live) near stevensville, centerville, chester, easton, etc. My dh will be working at the crackerbarrel on kent island (stevnesville)

hh2.gif

Old 07-15-2011, 02:23 PM

Not sure if I am posting correctly. :) I live in Denton, MD and am a stay at home mommy of 2. I was wondering if any of you mommies recommend any pediatricians or family doctors on the Eastern shore or even in Annaplis area that are fine with not vaxing. I would like to find someone more holistically minded and who has a more natural approach to medicine. Probably asking for a miracle to get that kind of combination on the eastern shore. I have been looking a long time and have not really found a pedi that I am comfortable with.

Thanks!

Old 07-26-2011, 06:42 AM

Are there any amish farms near you?  We have found one with organic raw milk $4/gal and their beef is pretty reasonable ( haven't bought in a while, maybe $5/lb, 2.50 for ground beef)

I found them through this site: http://www.delawareorganics.com/home.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2miracles View Post
we use-

I just found this post and checked out their packages. Thanks! They're the best I've found so far. I'm going to try to get our farmer/butcher from Ohio to ship to me, I believe even after shipping it may be cheaper than the local farmers. They're about $6 a pound!!! If they won't ship to me, I think I'll go with the Yoders, they seem like a great deal also.

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)

User Tag List