My Thierry Bear is Here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-26-2008, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello mamas! I just got back from the hospital. I had an appt. with my doctor on Wednesday and when she checked me I was 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced so she asked that I go to the hospital around midnight and they would give me a vaginal suppository. I reluctantly agreed. Well we got there around midnight and I got checked in and they said around 4 am would give me the suppository. They had an external fetal monitor on me and said I was having regular (every 5 - 10 mins) contractions on my own, but I couldn't feel them at all. At 4 they gave me the suppository (a pill broken into 1/4 of what it was originally) and I tried to get some sleep. At 6 am I wanted to make sure things got started because I still couldn't feel contractions so I just walked around the room for an hour. My doctor came in at 7:30, when she first arrived at the hospital. I was checked at was a 5 cm already! So I tried laying down again but then out of nowhere from feeling no contractions I started to get pretty strong ones. I had to squat at the counter and breathe through them. Then I felt like I had to go #2 lol. I didn't know if it was just pressure or if I really did have to go. So I went to the bathroom and actually did go (I was a little relieved because I didn't want to go during the birth ) After I came back out of the bathroom the ctx came on so strong that I was getting on all 4s on the floor to breathe through them. The nurse brought in a birthing ball and I sat on that while leaning on the bed. They REALLY started to hurt now! After about 15 minutes of that I was losing faith in myself and wanting to ask for an epi Well the doctor came in to check on me and I was at 7 1/2 cm already so asked if I wanted her to break my water which she believed would speed things up and I would have the babe very quickly. She broke my water at about 8:15 - 8:30 and almost immediately I went to 10 cm and started pushing. I pushed a couple times on my side but them moved to my back because she said it would create more room for babe to come out and it didn't feel bad being on my back. I gave birth to my babe at 8:47 am on September 25th. He came out screaming! The placed him on my chest to clean him off then off to the NICU he went. A few hours later I was sent to the maternity ward and I spent most of the next few hours with Thierry there and then he was transferred to Children's Hospital in DC. I just got home not too long ago and after I rest up a bit I am going to drive down there with my mom while Mark stays here at home with Demetri. My Petri is a little worn out from spending a day and a half at the hospital but he was with me the whole time (trying to pull out the IV )

I just wanted to come on here and share with all you wonderful ladies I will post pictures as soon as possible. I got a couple at the hospital but am not in the mood to search for the cord to upload them at the moment

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-27-2008, 07:08 PM

Congratulations on your new little one!

I'm glad your birth went well. Just a heads up - that pill they chopped up to put into you is Cytotec. Its never been approved for labor induction by the FDA and so OBs are using it "off label" on pregnant women. The manufacturer has never studied its safety for inducing labor, never plans to, and in fact the pill bottle carries a warning on its label against use on pregnant women.

Cytotec can effectively dilate a cervix. The problem is that it carries serious risks as well - it has ruptured uteruses in healthy women without even prior cesarean scars. The event is life threatening for both mother and baby.

I warn all pregnant women that I meet that if it is a pill and it is headed for your cervix SAY NO.

Plenty of info online if you want to learn more about it.

-Barbara Stratton
#3 of 3 Old 09-28-2008, 08:25 PM

Congrats and welcome to the world Thierry! :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page