Any interest in a "Holistic Mom" get together? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-07-2008, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies. I have a 3 month old son and I have attended various new mom support groups. I have also been attended my local LLL meetings (which I LOVE!) I recently joined Baltimore Mommies and I enjoy the group... but I'm feeling like I can't really relate to some of the moms.
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me for an unofficial "Holistic Mom's" group? I would love to get together and talk about breastfeeding, cloth diapering (Although I don't do it yet), healthy food choices, homebirths, exploring the outdoors, etc. I would love to introduce my son to other babies/children who are brought up in similar environments.
I was going to start a holistic mom's group chapter, based on the national group (and I may still do so). However, until that gets off the ground, I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in getting together with the kids.
I can host the event at my house (in the Hunt Valley area). I am accessible to the NCR trail and have horses on the property for your little ones to pet or feed!
Let me know if you are interested and what days work... and I'll schedule it the next couple of week!
#2 of 5 Old 10-07-2008, 04:22 PM

While you are getting the Holistic Mom group set up (which sounds like a neat idea!), be sure to check out the "Natural Approach to Parenting" and the "Baltimore Attachment Parenting" yahoo groups. They both have many members who are interested in holistic approach to parenting. And between them both are playgroups in various spots across Maryland.
#3 of 5 Old 10-08-2008, 12:14 AM

hi there,

i'm a brand new mommy and would love to connect with other like minded moms! keep me posted!

-emily
#4 of 5 Old 10-08-2008, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I'd be interested too!

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
#5 of 5 Old 10-22-2008, 10:22 AM

I would love to join in and can host at my home for anyone willing to venture Downtown. For you early risers, we live in Federal Hill and I walk every morning from the Key Highway area to Whole Foods at Harbor East if anyone is interested in joining me. I only pop in to MDC maybe once a month or so. So, if a group gets going could you send me a note?

gerlassie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page