Looking for Awesome Baby/Child Thrift Shops in MD - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-14-2008, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! I live in Sykesville, MD. We used to have a fantastic child consignment shop right in our neighborhood, but it closed last year.

I was wondering if there were any really awesome ones near by in Carroll, Howard, or Baltimore County?

Thanks!

Enjoying the adventure of NFL with my partner-in-crime , DD 03.09 , , &
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2008, 01:50 PM

My mom lives in Owings Mills and she's found some nice stuff in two stores near her. One is right on Main St. in Reisterstown. I think the word Elephant is in the name of the store. If you are heading South or East on 140, it would be on your left side. There is often a ton of stuff outside the store if the weather is nice.
The other place is also on 140, but in Owings Mills, Right near the elementary school. If you are going East on 140 it would also be on your left, directly across from the Sunoco gas station. They also put stuff outside on a nice day and the word Tots is in their name.
Sorry for flaking on the names, but I thought you might be familiar with the area! ;-)
I can get the names if you need them. It's just a matter of checking with my mom.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:23 PM

Have you tried Lucy's in Mt Airy? I got a bunch of stuff there, they had nice stuff and I thought the prices were great

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
Old 10-14-2008, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Hmmm... Elephant Trunk and Lucy's? I'm going to have to check them out this week. Thank you, ladies!

Enjoying the adventure of NFL with my partner-in-crime , DD 03.09 , , &
Old 10-14-2008, 07:05 PM

There are 2 that I know of in Howard County, Ellicott city specifically.
Once upon a child
and
Second Childhood

I always forget which is which, but one is in the Normandy Shopping center, in the corner, and the other is on the corner of St. John's Lane and Frederick Rd.
The Frederick Rd. one is a little pricier; it's an actual consignment shop and she's pretty picky. The Normandy one is an out and out buy and resell place; she's gotten a little choosier in recent years, and her prices are creeping up some, but not as high as the Frederick Rd. one. The consignment shop also has a small selection of maternity clothes.

Good luck!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:54 PM

The Tot Spot is also on Reisterstown Rd. a few miles south of the Elephant's Trunk. Both are great, though the ET can be a little cluttered.

Tried but True is on York Rd in Baltimore Co and Hopscotch is on Oakway near York and Timonium (a few miles south of Tried but True). Both are nice options if you're even in this area.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:00 PM

There's also the Tot Swap coming up...just Google it to find more info. It's at the fairgrounds on York Rd in Balt. Co.

User Tag List