Vax friendly peds anne arundel county - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-19-2008, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone.
Quite frequently I have clients looking for non vax friendly peds. I would love to have a list of docs, naturapaths, and Nurse practitioners in he area that will not fight them on their decisions. I would appreciate it if you could post the name and number for your ped and any helpful info that I can pass on to my clients.

Thanks you

Jen
#2 of 7 Old 10-20-2008, 09:45 AM

There is a Yahoo group with such a list or recommendations...I wish I could remember, because I just posted a similar question asking for a non-vax friendly doctor around Annapolis. Agh, I was sure I had bookmarked it but now I can't find it...does anyone else have it?

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#3 of 7 Old 10-20-2008, 12:33 PM

I found it! In the Yahoo groups section, search for AP_Doctor_Referral.

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#4 of 7 Old 10-20-2008, 01:50 PM

I heard Arundel Pediatrics was non vax friendly, however I used Dr Vickers and I did not find that to be the case at all. And she was not knowledgeable about breastfeeding either. I think the other doctor in the practice is more non-vax friendly. Dr Fitch I think is her name.

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
#5 of 7 Old 10-20-2008, 04:39 PM

We use Arundel Pediatrics and they seem to be somewhat non-vax friendly. They are open to delayed vax but we were informed that if we declined vaccinations there would come a point in time that they would not treat the child. We have seen Dr. Fitch and Dr. Jobes as well as Megan Willard (Nurse Practitioner) and they are all great.....Dr. Fitch is very knowledgable about BF'ing and supports it 100%. My last appt. was with Dr. Jobes and she was extremely happy to hear that I am BF'ing. DD is only 3 weeks old so we've only had 2 appointments plus the visits in the hospital but so far I am very happy with them.

Wife to DH, Mommy to Amber 10/01/08 and Kyle 01/09/11
#6 of 7 Old 10-20-2008, 10:58 PM

We have had great luck at Family Practice of Crofton. We've seen several of the doctors and nurse practitioners and no one has ever really given us any trouble.
410-451-9091, I think.

: mama to 4 boys
: : :
#7 of 7 Old 10-21-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillymonster View Post
I heard Arundel Pediatrics was non vax friendly, however I used Dr Vickers and I did not find that to be the case at all. And she was not knowledgeable about breastfeeding either. I think the other doctor in the practice is more non-vax friendly. Dr Fitch I think is her name.
Someone on the above Yahoo group said Dana Kim is the more open-minded doctor of the bunch, but only toward selective or delayed vax...seems to go along with what NaturalMama311 said.

I just e-mailed an MD/family doctor in NoVA that advertises using herbal medicine and other natural modalities of healing...kind of a far drive from where my DH just got his new job in Maryland, but it will be worth it to get a good doctor. I'll let you all know what she says.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page