Lancaster County and vicinity meetup! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-06-2009, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm here. I think that DS would love some friends. Is there a plan for February?

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2009, 09:05 PM

I'm here. I'm free Mondays and fridays this month.

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
Old 02-09-2009, 10:36 PM

I'm here!

transtichel.gifMom of three - (2.5 yrs, 7yrs, and 11yrs). Birthing Doula, editor, and wife to my soulmate. I've had a c/s, hospital VBAC, UC and not yet decided what I'll do about this next little one

Old 02-10-2009, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

No Fridays for me, but Mondays during the day would be ok.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:48 AM

Me too! Me too! We're in Lancaster city. We can meet pretty much any time except nap time which according to my son is VERY flexible, so pretty much any time. We do have a standing date Thursday mornings. We have 2 cats, so I think that puts our place out of the running, but we can bring snacks (GFCF).
Old 02-11-2009, 08:40 PM

Greetings to all the mamas!
We just moved to a big old farmhouse between York and Harrisburg, and I've been looking to connect to some like-minded mamas (and kiddos!). My kids are on the bigger side, but I'm not opposed to holding another mama's little one!
Right now we're still unpacking and organizing, but we have a great pool and outdoor space (hiking anyone?) when the warm weather hits, if anyone would want to venture on over this side of the river. (We do have 3 cats, but they stay inside, and sleep upstairs with DH during the day.)
I love the idea of getting together on a monthly basis or so, and LOVE the everyone bringing snacks (issues here as well).
I'm open to an interfaith - I think it would be great! I would check the box: Christian-Protestant.
More about me: I'm a busy homeschooling mom - so my kids go everywhere with me. Moved to Allentown, PA for college, got married and had kids near there, but spent the last year in Omaha, NE. Now we're back in PA (and I'm not moving again next year).

So does it look like possibly a monday in Feb??? 16th (3rd week) is right around the corner... I'm not free that day, but is that what you are looking at?
Old 02-12-2009, 05:31 PM

Darnit, darn it, I need a CAR!! :

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
Old 02-22-2009, 12:29 AM

Just found this thread! We are in Lititz and always looking to meet new people. Am car-less right now and will be for a few weeks. But when I get that sorted out I'd love to get together.

I grew up in Ireland and came to PA via NYC (8 years in NYC. Have been in PA for 2.5 years).

Was raised catholic but right now I'm just searching. Believe in something.. but not sure what. Considering going to a UU service in Lancaster soon.

Am on the edge NFL wise but consider myself pretty AP.

Hope to meet up with people soon!

Deirdre

DS (6.06), DD (10.08), DD (05.11).

Old 02-22-2009, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Hey, Dierdre! I'm so thrilled that you spelled your DD's name correctly.

I've been to Ireland before (have family over there) and would love to go back someday. They're in the north - around Portstewart.

I also grew up Catholic and am Jewish now. Sounds like you're in good company!

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:11 PM

Well hi there! I almost never visit this forum except when I start looking for chicken pox. :

Anyway, we're in Carlisle but frequently in Lancaster. My kids are numerous and *busy*, among other things, but I'd love to meet up with others. My van is very unhappy right now (and also in desperate need of a deep cleaning but it's still chugging along.

The interfaith thing sounds interesting. I am... interfaith. As I described it in my Facebook chain letter: Yes, I am Jewish. Yes, I am Pagan. Yes, I am Something Else. I need to do more religous stuff with the kiddos. At this point, they've had some Jewish, some Pagan (various traditions), and some Quaker experiences (Mike's a Quaker). One of these days, I'll sort out the whole having-no-money issue and get the kids enrolled in [Jewish] religious school, because it's important to me. *sigh* We'll see. Hopefully someone with fewer kids and more energy will be able to get some good things going that way.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)

User Tag List