2pm is fine with me also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 54 Old 01-13-2009, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I might be able to make it at 2.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#33 of 54 Old 01-14-2009, 03:04 AM

great! 2pm on thursday it is! anyone know the aquarium well enough to suggest a good meeting place? we will likely be pretty obvious to one another, but could be good to have a plan...
#34 of 54 Old 01-15-2009, 01:05 AM

ok mamas, I'll be at the aquarium at 2pm tomorrow with my 3.5-month baby boy. hope you all make it there too! if anyone arrives late and wants to call to find out where we are, my cellphone is 917-442-2732.

woohoo! Lydia and Zackary
#35 of 54 Old 01-15-2009, 03:07 AM

Barring some weird hangup or circumstance, Felix and I will be there too.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#36 of 54 Old 01-15-2009, 12:02 PM

Hey ladies,

I'm sorry to say, but, we won't be coming. My DD is 5 1/2 months old and I would rather keep her in than go out in this weather. Those of you who do go, have fun! We'll just have to make the next outing.
#37 of 54 Old 01-15-2009, 02:58 PM

We are off to the aquarium, snow and all. Actually it looks beautiful out right now! Hope to see some of you there!

Michelle & Ike(3 months)
#38 of 54 Old 01-15-2009, 11:07 PM

I ended up at a birth. Baby was born at 2:04pm. So sorry to have missed everyone!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#39 of 54 Old 01-16-2009, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynDoula View Post
I ended up at a birth. Baby was born at 2:04pm. So sorry to have missed everyone!
well that is the best reason possible to miss the aquarium!

it was fun -- beautiful sparkly day with the water animals. Zackary and I were alone for a while, but just as I was bummed that nobody else had shown up, two other mothering families showed up with adorable babies. awesome!

for the next meetup, I recommend we think of someplace with both a fun, stimulating element for the babes, and a comfortable seating area for a nursing/changing break. the botanical garden has a nice indoor cafe area so that could fit the bill. or perhaps a museum? I'd also like to try for a mommy-baby movie -- maybe with lunch or tea afterwards so we could talk too?

any interest? other suggestions?

Lydia
#40 of 54 Old 01-16-2009, 09:05 PM

I'd love to host people at my place some day. We have a range of toys from baby through big kids (my older one is 6.5) and enough space for a bunch of moms to hang out in the livingrooms and chat.

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#41 of 54 Old 01-17-2009, 12:33 PM

The botanic garden is PERFECT for me & I am also open to going to people's houses.
Basically I'm into anything that gets me out of the house.

(I am dealing with a milk oversupply issue right now and it is breaking my heart when my LO tries to settle down by nursing and winds up overwhelmed, frustrated and screaming. Hopefully we can remedy it but in the meantime I'm doing almost full time bouncing or walking to keep him comfortable & any excuse to ride the subway/walk/ and then bounce in someone else's house is welcome! Physio ball would be a big plus for me in going to someone else's place )

DS born at home 12/08 DW in grad school for seven years running
#42 of 54 Old 01-17-2009, 04:14 PM

Multiple ball options for bouncing here

#43 of 54 Old 01-18-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartesia View Post
(I am dealing with a milk oversupply issue right now and it is breaking my heart when my LO tries to settle down by nursing and winds up overwhelmed, frustrated and screaming. Hopefully we can remedy it but in the meantime I'm doing almost full time bouncing or walking to keep him comfortable & any excuse to ride the subway/walk/ and then bounce in someone else's house is welcome! Physio ball would be a big plus for me in going to someone else's place )
Cartesia - just want to say, hang in there! I had the same problem and it does get better! It took around 12 weeks til it really started leveling out for me, but after that it was smooth sailing, and we're still happily nurse, nurse, nursing away at 10 months!

I'll try to make the next gathering - the botanic garden sounds like fun, though it might be more fun when it's nicer out
#44 of 54 Old 01-19-2009, 12:04 AM

a, i had some oversupply issues early on to. give me a call if you want to talk about it -- block feeding is your friend.

everyone else (hi gusty! hi mary catherine!), i'm as always down to meet up. i haven't checked FYT for ages but i'm glad to see a new brooklyn mamas thread.

robina. unschooling mama and midwifery student.  building my nest with my husband, our daughter (born at home 11/07), our son (home waterbirth 5/10), and our newest little girl (born at home 4/13)!

#45 of 54 Old 01-22-2009, 10:56 AM

Hi mamas!

I am in Marine Park and have a 15 month toddler who needs a manicure.

Does anyone know if the Aquarium still does sea lion shows in the winter? We are members and use to go all the time. I'm looking for more indoor fun too. We go to the library, I'm debating signing up for Gymboree, and I think Little Gym or something similar in Sheepshead Bay has a $5 free play.
#46 of 54 Old 01-22-2009, 03:29 PM

Hi fellow brooklynites!

i have been off the 'puter for awhile but i think that i haven't done a good job of making an irl community for myself and my dd since moving back to the city. After the inauguration day and not having a bunch of people to celebrate with, I felt like I would go back to where I found community when i was pregnant. My dd is six now, her dad and i have divorced and i am trying to make a living and be available to be with dd as often as possible.

she is in school until 3ish in kennsington and i would love to meet up, DD and I are not ageist, we like all ages of people, babies on up!

artist mama to lil G, July 31, 2002...
#47 of 54 Old 01-26-2009, 10:01 AM

Thanks, all -

meet up???

#48 of 54 Old 01-28-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robina_josephine View Post
a, i had some oversupply issues early on to. give me a call if you want to talk about it -- block feeding is your friend.

everyone else (hi gusty! hi mary catherine!), i'm as always down to meet up. i haven't checked FYT for ages but i'm glad to see a new brooklyn mamas thread.

Hi Everyone! :

Just want to put in my vote for block feeding too! We had a couple months of hellish bfing that included oversupply amongst other probs... but that really helped us turn things around!

Miss all you Brooklyn mamas I know and look forward to meeting some others too! Me & my 17 month old monster are always looking for fun things to do... When are we getting together?!

mama to my little lion, Ariel since 10 Aug 2007
all about love
#49 of 54 Old 01-30-2009, 07:43 PM

i know mary catherine (the lovely mama who started the thread) was having computer problems for a while but is now back online. so can we all make a plan to meet up?

robina. unschooling mama and midwifery student.  building my nest with my husband, our daughter (born at home 11/07), our son (home waterbirth 5/10), and our newest little girl (born at home 4/13)!

#50 of 54 Old 02-01-2009, 03:58 PM

Yes, a plan please!

And the block nursing seems to be working !!!!

#51 of 54 Old 02-04-2009, 01:56 AM

we would like to meet! next week is wide open for us and we're cool with going pretty much anywhere in brooklyn,,,

Lydia and Zackary 4 months
#52 of 54 Old 02-04-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukibeane View Post
Hi fellow brooklynites!

i have been off the 'puter for awhile but i think that i haven't done a good job of making an irl community for myself and my dd since moving back to the city. After the inauguration day and not having a bunch of people to celebrate with, I felt like I would go back to where I found community when i was pregnant. My dd is six now, her dad and i have divorced and i am trying to make a living and be available to be with dd as often as possible.

she is in school until 3ish in kennsington and i would love to meet up, DD and I are not ageist, we like all ages of people, babies on up!

Hi-
My 4 yr old dd would be estatic to hang with a six year old! We are free mondays and wednesdays- and Fridays after 4pm, and most weekends. We live off the F train as well so- either next big group meeting or if you want to try for a meet up, let us know.
Peace-
Erykah
#53 of 54 Old 02-09-2009, 03:34 AM

I'm interested in meeting up too to do whatever - just get out of the house more! I have a 4 month old DD and live off of the F train in the Midwood area. Is there a plan to meet up yet?
#54 of 54 Old 02-13-2009, 04:11 PM

We'd also love to meet up - have a 3.5 year old (and one cooking now) and we live in Bay Ridge.

Happy mama to DD (8-11-05) and DS (6-5-09) and married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page