Homebirth Midwives in Upstate New York - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-23-2008, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live in the Rochester NY area and am due with my second child in July. I had a very bad experience with my first birth (it was a C section) and would like to try for a home birth this time. Can anyone recommend a good midwife? Thanks in advance!

SaHM to :Elijah and Evelyn (born 5/9/09) and : Ethan (born 10/4/07), and loving wife to : Matt (married 8/20/05)
#2 of 4 Old 12-25-2008, 07:20 PM

I've seen one recommended in the AP Rochester Yahoo group. I believe she does home births, but I'm not too involved with that group so you could check it out?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aprochester/

S-d D which made them three. M grew lonely, and now there's baby D.
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
#3 of 4 Old 12-26-2008, 06:23 PM

I'm in Rochester as well, and planning a home birth with Meg Grindrod. To the best of my knowledge, she's the only CNM available to Rochester, NY. And she'll attend home or hospital. I really like her, which is good since she's the only one around! Also, have you checked out the Rochester Home birth circle? They meet the third Sunday of every month, and I love attending there (if you go in January, I'll be there! Check out their webpage: RABN

Jennie, mama to Wyatt (3/25/09) and Emma (11/22/10) novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpg
#4 of 4 Old 12-29-2008, 04:57 PM

yep, i'm in ROC and meg is the only HB midwife around here. Homebirth circle and AP group are both great resources.

JEN, Hoopdancin' mama to Mairi Elizabeth 12/04, Catriana Quinn stillborn 41w 1/07 and our rainbow Elijah Asher 3/09, wife to Keith for 9 years.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page