If I were to accept a job located in the Bronx, where should I live? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 01-06-2009, 01:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another psych mama here! I did the NE interview circuit several years ago and stressful doesn't begin to describe it My fondest memory was running down the hall at Yale to meet my mom in the parking lot so I could nurse my 9m dd before getting back for my next meeting...it was such an intense time! Advice is to be yourself and ask questions, real questions b/c you are interviewing them just as much as they are intervieing you.

Where else are you intervieiwng b/c I met with 12 or 13 sites in NY, NJ, PA, DE and I'd be more than willing to share specific experiences if you think it would be helpful.

Good luck!

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#32 of 32 Old 01-06-2009, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm interviewing for three differnt sites that are part of Astor, Sagamore Children's Center in Dix Hills, and Terry Children's Psychiatric Center in New Castle. The rest are in Chicago, Michigan, and Ohio. I just returned home from Poughkeepsie/Rhinebeck where I interviewed for 2 of the three sites at Astor. ANY tips would be helpful. I always, always, always get stuck on the question, "what sets you apart from the other candidates?" I hate this question, because I don't know the other candidates and hate comparing myself to people or claiming that I'm better than them for whatever reason. I would much prefer the question to be worded, "what are your strenghts," but they don't ask it that way and I always seem to get flustered and end up not selling myself as much as I could.

Where did you match, btw? It's so nice to hear from people who have gone through the match!! It's a unique experience that a lot if people just don't understand (and they shouldn't be expected to!!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page