Holistic Family Practice near West Chester PA?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-17-2009, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dear All,

I am in need of help. I am frustrated and annoyed by my doctors in West Chester. I have a great pediatrician... but my PCP and my dermatologist have made such a negative impression on me lately that I am sure I need a change. I am looking for an internist or family doctor that treats patients with the heart rather than running away from the room after 5 minutes, I am looking for someone that will not dismiss my desire to incorporate homeopathic medicine as some kind of weird thing...someone with god bedside manners that is culturally sensitive and open to hear what I have to say rather than imposing their own values on me... someone to whom my family and I are not numbers and $$$ but human beings with hearts and souls... and that is led by compassion when treating his/her patients.

I live in West Chester , PA and am willing to travel a bit to get this kind of practitiner. I have Keystone Health Plan East.

Is this too much to ask for?!

Thanks in advance for any help!
Mónica in West Chester
#2 of 13 Old 03-18-2009, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

Just bumping it
#3 of 13 Old 03-18-2009, 01:36 AM

feel your pain... and bumping cuz i wanna know too

EDD 12/15/09, first time mama
#4 of 13 Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 AM

Never been there, but it sounds great! A doula client recently recommended it.

www.steinermed.com

Physicians with integrated care for adults and peds. My client said that the physician she saw ACTIVELY encouraged co-sleeping, breastfeeding and delayed vax, if vaxing at all. sound like a great option. Wish I were closer.
#5 of 13 Old 03-19-2009, 09:12 AM

Not sure how far these are but here are two I know of

http://www.drmaulfair.com/family.htm

http://www.woodmed.com/
#6 of 13 Old 03-19-2009, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

YAY! I'll check them out!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Mónica
#7 of 13 Old 03-19-2009, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

I'll chek into these practices as well

Thanks!
#8 of 13 Old 03-21-2009, 12:01 AM

There is also the Kimberton Clinic in Kimberton, PA. Just a few minutes from Phoenixville. Dr. Richard Fried is a family doctor who sees all ages. We've only had one appointment so far, for a 2 year well-check. He seemed friendly, in-line with our views, though he does encourage two vaccines - Hib and DTaP. We don't vax and he gave me a mini-speech on tetanus and asked me to consider it the next time around. I signed the usual non-vax form there. That was the only drawback. He didn't pressure, though, just told us his views and why he likes the vaccine. My hubby has an appointment with him next month so we'll see.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#9 of 13 Old 04-09-2009, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
we see Dr. Corpus at Steiner Med (just switched 6 months ago b/c of the same problems as you!) and we love her. My dd was giggling through the whole visit, I never feel rushed, and they have homeopathic meds right in the office. It is approx. a 30 min. drive from West Chester though. It is totally worth it to me!

Single mama namaste.gif to dd dust.gifand ds fencing.gif, loving my dsd always reading.gif .
#10 of 13 Old 04-10-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipmamato4 View Post
Never been there, but it sounds great! A doula client recently recommended it.

www.steinermed.com

Physicians with integrated care for adults and peds. My client said that the physician she saw ACTIVELY encouraged co-sleeping, breastfeeding and delayed vax, if vaxing at all. sound like a great option. Wish I were closer.
thank you for posting this! if they take our ins, i am strongly considering switching there.
#11 of 13 Old 04-10-2009, 02:08 PM

Yeah Amy, I know. If it were closer to me, I might actually take my kids to the doctor! It sounds like a great place. As it is, their records have been with Dr. Devine for a few years and we have yet to meet her. LOL Well, thank goodness there are healthy and rarely get sick.
#12 of 13 Old 04-10-2009, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I'm very happy w/ the care my children receive at Steiner, so I'm glad someone posted about them & you're looking into them. I will say though that while I think their office staff cares, they really could do a much better job. Two examples: they had our address wrong in one place & right in another & this caused a problem w/ something they had sent to us. We moved a year ago & have been in the office at least twice since the move. They had my daughter's name spelled wrong, until late last year, in spite of having gone there for more than two years. The wrong spelling caused the insurance claim to be rejected at least once.

Now, this kind of stuff doesn't prevent us from going there, to give the full picture. We drive 45 min+ to get there.

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#13 of 13 Old 02-23-2013, 08:21 AM

I hope you have found someone by now, but in case you are still looking, there is an exceptional woman homeopathic doctor, Elizabeth Webb, Ph.D. practicing in West Chester, PA right on Church Street. She has been taking care of my family, including children and pets for some time now. I would highly recommend her. Here is the listing from the Chamber of Commerce web site: http://gawain.membrane.com/homeopathic-doctors-chester-county-pa/ Good luck to you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page