Central NJ waldorf-style playgroup - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 04-07-2009, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 16 month old, and I am looking to start a Waldorf-style playgroup for families in Middlesex County (or surrounding area - we are in North Brunswick). I am planning to do some basic things with my daughter this year such as baking, watercolors, stories, and songs, and seasonal celebrations. I would love to get together with others to do this or to just have free play. Maybe do little trips to an organic farm, parks, farmer's market, or other types of things.

Please let me know if you live in our area and would be interested in joining!

I am also a lover of books reading.gif, treehugger treehugger.gif, and occasional soapbox stander! soapbox.gif

#2 of 10 Old 04-07-2009, 08:03 PM

I'm kind of far [I'm in Rockaway...] but I am dabbling in Waldorf, have a twenty month old, and may be able to travel a few times a month to get together. We love baking, coloring, going for walks, etc.

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#3 of 10 Old 04-08-2009, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Do you belong to the Middlesex HMN? Because I'm guessing they'd be all over that.

Mine are too old (5yo) and too young (5mo).

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
#4 of 10 Old 04-09-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyssaneala View Post
I have a 16 month old, and I am looking to start a Waldorf-style playgroup for families in Middlesex County (or surrounding area - we are in North Brunswick). I am planning to do some basic things with my daughter this year such as baking, watercolors, stories, and songs, and seasonal celebrations. I would love to get together with others to do this or to just have free play. Maybe do little trips to an organic farm, parks, farmer's market, or other types of things.

Please let me know if you live in our area and would be interested in joining!
I am interested. We live in Ocean county, but I would be willing to make the drive. DS is only 9 months old though.

Mama to DS 7/23/08.
#5 of 10 Old 04-10-2009, 06:00 PM

We'd be into that! Are you only looking for kids your childs age? We're always looking for new friends to do things with..

(we are in the Mdlsx HMN as well... we also do things that sound like your description!)

Let us know!

homeschooling mama to ella (9) and maya (5)
#6 of 10 Old 04-13-2009, 06:20 PM

I have a one year old and 4 year old and live in northern Ocean County, but I would be willing to drive up. What age range were you looking for?
#7 of 10 Old 04-13-2009, 09:15 PM

We live in Central NJ-in Montgomery. Sounds like fun! I have two boys, a 20 month old and a 4 year old. We don't believe in the spiritual Waldorf practices but do all of the natural parenting things. (breastfeed/CD/cosleep/natural toys/no vax/no tv/local food/time in nature every day etc.)
#8 of 10 Old 04-13-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusblossom9 View Post
I am interested. We live in Ocean county, but I would be willing to make the drive. DS is only 9 months old though.
My LO is almost 9mo also, but I'm interested too.

Wife of 10 yrs to Oaties, Mama to Bubs 08/06/08, Rizie 04/19/10 & MRae 02/02/13 & to dog2.gif

#9 of 10 Old 04-15-2009, 05:21 PM

I am interested as well! I am New Providence, a little north but I am willing to travel! My DS is 13 months old.
#10 of 10 Old 05-04-2009, 07:49 PM

im in jackson - ocean county - with an almost 4, just turned 2 and another on the way... would love to join ya too (not sure how much travelling im up to for short term tho...)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page