pediatrician or family doc near Mechanicsburg, PA - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 03-14-2011, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Neela, same thing here. Is your hubby a DC? We saw Dr Acharya in the hospital and she was great! Very sensitive. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 40 Old 03-15-2011, 12:10 PM

MamaMereMere, yes, hubby is a DC :-)

#33 of 40 Old 03-15-2011, 07:02 PM

Hi all...thank you so much for the attention to my question and advice. I haven't been back to check until now, because of all that is going on with my daughter. She was, unfortunately, diagnosed with autism last week, and it was an awful experience (the diagnosis). The doc who diagnosed her was cold and I felt did not get an accurate picture of what her abilities truly are. Her therapists disagree with the diagnosis and even suggested I might have it rejected. Although I don't want to, and it is so painful, I'm going to leave the diagnosis alone for now...the Corbett administration is cutting funding in all kinds of areas, so if she needs that diagnosis to get more help, so be it. I just hope she can improve enough to "outgrow" the diagnosis the next time she is evaluated.

I've set up an appt. with a DAN doctor in Lansdale to start treating her bio-medically. We already have her doing GF/CF. 

Thank you for the advice...I am going to go with Tan and Garcia and see Dr. Kara. It is good to know that Dr. Acharya is also receptive and kind. I need all the kindness I can get lately. This has been the most difficult year of my life. I just hope we can pull my sweet daughter through the clouds in her head...and I pray the new baby will be healthy.

#34 of 40 Old 03-16-2011, 12:33 PM

Good luck with everything, jadeyten4.

#35 of 40 Old 03-16-2011, 01:03 PM

My hubby is not certified DAN but does everything a DAN doctor does. Just held a meeting with a group last weekend. 

http://keystonenaturalhealth.com/category/upcoming-seminars

#36 of 40 Old 04-12-2011, 11:52 AM

I currently go to Tan & Garcia and they're just OK.  Although Dr. Tan has been great about not vaccinating my son, I'm certainly not thrilled with the overall practice.  I am currently looking for a new ped, but in the mean time, will continue to go to Dr. Tan ONLY because he doesn't hassle me about not vaccinating (which is the most important thing for me!).  My son has never been sick and we only go for well visits, which isn't that often.  Good luck!!  PS- I also had my son at Harrisburg Hospital (2008) and they were great about not vaccinating. 

#37 of 40 Old 04-12-2011, 12:08 PM

Jadeyten4, definitely read these 2 books by Jenny McCarthy: "Louder Than Words" and "Healing & Prevention Autism: A Complete Guide".  She is a great writer and writes about her son, Evan, who was diagnosed with Autism when he was 2 (I believe).  She fought for him and his health and now he is recovered from Autism!  Don't give up hope and keep fighting for your little girl!!  Best of luck to you!! 

#38 of 40 Old 06-28-2012, 09:24 AM

thank you for your reccomendation to Heritage and Dr. Zimmerman, do you know someone personally that has their child seeing Dr. Zimmerman?? I'm waiting to hear back about setting up a meet the doctor and ask my questions and such.

#39 of 40 Old 07-03-2012, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We see her and like her a lot. I'd be happy to answer any questions. 

DD 01/2007, DS 09/2011

#40 of 40 Old 08-13-2012, 12:51 PM

Hi everyone- I'm new here and this is my first post.  I don't even have any children due to infertility but am anti-vax and came upon your message board while searching for something else.  I joined the list not two minutes ago just so that I could share some comments that might be helpful. 

To the mother of the possibly autistic child- if you are in or near Mechanicsburg, there is a real pioneer DC in Mechanicsburg, Christopher Turnpaugh who's actually a "chiropractic neurologist" and he also runs one of the Brain Balance centers (they are across the country) right there in Mechanicsburg.  From what I've read, they have remarkable results.  They too emphasize the dietary restrictions but do so much more with retraining the brain.  To learn more, do a search for Brain Balance and one for Dr. Turnpaugh and see what you think.  BTW...Dr. Turnpaugh has 4 children and none of them are vaccinated.  He also practices functional medicine and I believe collaborates with a local M.D. who may also be like-minded.  I don't remember what that doctor's name is but for those of you who are looking for a non-vax friendly doc, he might be worth a shot.  A call to Dr. Turnpaugh's office may be a good place to start- I would think they would certainly be sympathetic to your frustration and may have other leads as well.

As for Dr. John Sullivan, also in Mechanicsburg, he has been one of my doctors for the last 14 years.  I see him because he is an Environmental Medicine doc and I am very chemically sensitive.  I work in a hospital that for the first time, this year is mandating the flu shot for all employees.  They are allowing medical and religious exemptions only and so I need to have him fill out my medical exemption forms. Someone on this message board mentioned that they checked into going to him but he turned out not to be a good fit for their family.  I know he recently reduced the amount of time he's devoting to office visits- only seeing patients in the office the first week of each month.  The rest of his time will be devoted to consultations and the LDA treatments that he provides.  Just curious if that is why he didn't seem like a good fit- the not being available other than the first week of the month part?  Or was there some other reason?  Was he not as non-vax friendly as I think he would be?? 

Thanks for any answers.  Good luck to all of you.  If I were blessed with children, I would be fighting the same fight as all of you!!  Stick to your guns, girls. :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page