Homeschoolers of young ones in central NJ, come to playgroup! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-07-2009, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm HSing a first-grader and (in theory!) a preschooler, and I host a weekly playgroup at our house in central NJ (in one of the Brunswicks).

The kids range from 4ish to 7ish, with a toddler sibling or two thrown in We're a pretty AP/crunchy group (raw milk, Sigg bottles, some vax, some non-vax, healthy snacks, positive/gentle discipline, etc.) and run the range of schooling influences (we HS classically, one mom is an unschooler, one is Waldorf-minded, the rest are eclectic--we're all relatively relaxed). We are pretty much a secular bunch but are inclusive. We've been trying to switch back to a few park days but haven't had much luck, between travel and this crazy weather! We also welcome those who are seriously considering or getting ready to start HSing, so feel free to come and ask questions

We meet on Tuesdays at 1:00 p.m. (or thereabouts). If you think you'd like to drop by or have questions, PM me and I'll give you rest of the info. I'd love to meet a few more MDC mamas!

Melissa

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#2 of 5 Old 05-13-2009, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I think this group's been going on a while--no? In fact, I'm pretty sure I know at least one family that goes. We've had a class at Morris Museum (I'm between there and you) Tuesdays at 1:15pm since Sept.

Hope you'll continue... would love to attend with my 5yo. And we'll be at Terhune's every other Tuesday at 11am for Read-n-Pick starting in late June--so it wouldn't be far.

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
#3 of 5 Old 09-04-2013, 01:15 PM

I don't suppose this playgroup is still active...

#4 of 5 Old 09-27-2013, 09:30 PM

I'd also love to know if the group is still active! Possibly moving to the area this fall; will know more within a month or so.

#5 of 5 Old 10-06-2013, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakestory View Post

I don't suppose this playgroup is still active...

Quote:
Originally Posted by likemorning View Post

I'd also love to know if the group is still active! Possibly moving to the area this fall; will know more within a month or so.

Sorry, I'm just seeing these. No, the playgroup folded a few years ago, but we're all still friends and hang out on a regular basis. Most of us belong to a homeschooling enrichment co-op that one of the members founded. If you're homeschooling and want to PM me, I can try to hook you up with some local resources!

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page