long island mamas! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-05-2009, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
will you be my friend????
we're moving to lake grove in a month and i know almost no one and i know zero mamas. i have an almost 4 year old and 18 month old girls who are super social (so am i). are there organized playdates for crunchy mamas? or does anyone want to get to know me? i knit, i'll teach you
i also need an awesome holistic pediatrician or family practice doctor, a pediatric dentist, a good chiro, good places to shop for food (i looooove food).
help me out mamas! :::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2009, 02:35 AM

Check out the LI moms here on their own thread:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ad.php?t=94890

Victoria, natural childbirth educator and certified labor doula
Old 06-18-2009, 03:36 PM

Hi. I just moved back to LI from Arizona last week. I'm in the same boat. I grew up here but have been gone since I left for college in 1992. I have a 20 month old daughter and am seriously missing all of the crunchy mama friends I left behind in AZ!

Where is Lake Grove? We're at exit 39N.

I have a great ped. practice in Oyster Bay, and I am a huge fan of Fairway in Plainview but I'm not sure where you are in comparison.

Where did you move from?
Old 06-19-2009, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

We're mving from Dallas tx. Lake grove is right by lake ronkonkoma and the mall. The other thread is long and intimidating
Old 06-19-2009, 05:27 PM

Hi! I live really close to lake grove. There are a few of us that are on Mothering that are friends around here. We aren't that crunchy but we all cloth diaper, EC, babywear, etc. We have baby girls that are all around 10 months. And I have one on the way. I know there are other moms from Mothering who meet up a little East of here at a park (in ****** Place). They are on the big intimidating forum. I take my daughter to Katherine Wightman at Stonybrook Family Practice. The facility/practice isn't great but Katherine is wonderful. When are you moving back? Good luck with everything and let me know if you need anything else or want to meet up once you are living here.

10/16/09 8/20/08
Old 06-21-2009, 07:14 PM

yep, long island thread is little long, i don't think anyone will ever have time to go through all the posts, but don't get scared, just join in, if you have any question, there are some mamas happy to help out.i moved to lindenhurst 5 years ago and thanks to mdc forum i've found really great mamas, we've been friends long time, and i'm so thankful for that.used to run playdates, sometimes every week for few years.since my last bambino was born i took a little break from scheduling meetings, but i would love to get back to meeting new mamas.so if any mama want to get together, let me know.we will be away till the end of july, so august\september would be great time for a great play date
aneta
ps.mamas never be inimidated of long threads or big forums, we are all mamas on the same boat called Motherhood

mama to Amelie '02, Maya' 04, Oliver'07 and Gavin'09
Old 06-22-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmama View Post
Hi. I just moved back to LI from Arizona last week.
I just moved to the PHX area from LI a year ago. What part did you move from? I am still looking for places to go with the kids, etc.

Victoria, natural childbirth educator and certified labor doula
Old 06-29-2009, 11:33 AM

I WILL!
We live in Ronkonkoma for now though we are moving to another town to be determined in August. I run two meetup groups that might interest you as well!
Welcome to Long Island!
If you do a little homework and are patient...you can find some people who feel like "home"

http://attachmentparenting.meetup.com/321/
http://mommymilk.meetup.com/328/

Mother of 2 boys, new little one on the way
Old 06-29-2009, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

thanks so much!
Old 07-16-2009, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

i tried to join both groups but i still haven't heard from you.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:05 AM

i tried to join the ap one, but never heard back.

Anyway, I am in Holbrook (right near lake grove and ronk.), and my little guy is 3 months old....a bit young for playdates, but i wouldn't mind meeting some moms.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmama View Post
Hi. I just moved back to LI from Arizona last week. I'm in the same boat. I grew up here but have been gone since I left for college in 1992. I have a 20 month old daughter and am seriously missing all of the crunchy mama friends I left behind in AZ!

Where is Lake Grove? We're at exit 39N.

I have a great ped. practice in Oyster Bay, and I am a huge fan of Fairway in Plainview but I'm not sure where you are in comparison.

Where did you move from?
Hi I wanted to know if I can get the name of your pediatrician in Oyster Bay? I am moving to Plainview in March and would love a dr who is natural minded.
you can email me here
[email protected]
thank you sooo much
jessica
Old 12-17-2009, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm not comfortable sharing my actual town on a public message board, but I do know the name of a great chiropractor in Woodbury. You can PM me for the details.

Anybody else here with kids around the same ages as mine? Mine are 15, 13, and 8.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19 (in Israel for another school year), Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 12(homeschooled)

User Tag List