how to do selective vaccination with religious exemption in NY?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-03-2009, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HI, I really want to give my son certain vaccines when he is older, but the time is coming for him to possibly start a nursery school program and I am going to have to do a religious exemption to get him in. How can I get him vaccines under the radar? the only things I have been told are to go to another state, such as NJ, and get the vaccine there so no one in NY will ever find out, but how can I get a doctor there to just vaccinate my son? especially since I dont live there? any advice would be great, I am definitely not interested in home schooling, and I guess with for go vaccines if I have to if there are no other alternatives because I am dead set against giving some that are mandatory for school.

Thanks, Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-03-2009, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Is there some way for the school to get your medical records, or find out what vaccines you've given if you don't tell them about it?

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19 (in Israel for another school year), Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 12(homeschooled)
#3 of 6 Old 07-03-2009, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

I am not sure... but i know that ny is creating this massive data base where any one can look up your medical records... so if doctors record the vaccines, I guess the schools could check out your records.
#4 of 6 Old 07-03-2009, 03:55 PM

I don't think selective vax is possible in ny with a relig objection.

hh2.gif

#5 of 6 Old 07-03-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post
I don't think selective vax is possible in ny with a relig objection.
that is my understanding of it

labor & postpartum doula, mom to sky & ben
#6 of 6 Old 07-08-2009, 10:46 PM

Logistically, it can't really be done. Even if you go to another state for vaccines, I'm pretty sure that the info will go into the database in your state of residence. And under FERPA, which supercedes HIPAA, schools can legally access the database.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page