OB Recommendations in Albany, NY? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-17-2009, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am currently 39 weeks pregnant and my OB informed me that I he was unable to continue providing care for this pregnancy. There are no other doctors in his practice, and I'm positive that he has a valid reason for "letting me go." Despite my understanding, this puts me in a really difficult spot. The practice he is referring patients to is LARGE (Albany OB/GYN) compared to the one doctor location I've been going to, and what I've been able to find about them online indicates that they are not exactly low-intervention doctors.

Today I tried to see a doctor that I had seen previously (Dr. Bloss), but they ended up putting me with someone else when he was sent to surgery. The doctor I saw was pleasant and tried to introduce me to as much of the medical staff as possible, but it is, again, a large practice where I waited in four lines before I saw a doctor, the waiting room was packed full, and the receptionists and nursing staff didn't seem to know any of the patients.

I realize that, at this point, I likely won't find an alternative doctor before the baby comes. However, I want to look for the future! So, any suggestions for a good, low-intervention doctor with a smaller practice in the Albany area? I do have medical conditions that prevent me from being comfortable going OB-less, but I really felt that I had found the perfect OB for me, and would like to find one again. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
#2 of 6 Old 07-17-2009, 08:32 PM

You could try contacting the Family Life Center, they may know of some good OBs in the area.

Kerry, loving wife to Pete, mama to DD (14) DS1 (9) DS2 (3) & Expecting someone new Jan 2013

#3 of 6 Old 07-18-2009, 04:39 PM

Seton Health Midwives are great in Troy

Doula, Wife and mom to A (11/23/01) and O (5/7/09)
#4 of 6 Old 07-30-2009, 12:50 PM

If you need an ob, have you met Dr. Altman? I think his practice is quite small, and I believe he's pretty low intervention (I went to the Seton Health Midwives for pregnancy/birth care, but went to Dr. Altman for a more OB/medical issue)
#5 of 6 Old 07-30-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcon View Post
If you need an ob, have you met Dr. Altman? I think his practice is quite small, and I believe he's pretty low intervention (I went to the Seton Health Midwives for pregnancy/birth care, but went to Dr. Altman for a more OB/medical issue)
Dr. Altman is no longer practicing OB

Doula, Wife and mom to A (11/23/01) and O (5/7/09)
#6 of 6 Old 07-30-2009, 02:49 PM

Ah, that's too bad.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page