Pediatrician Suggestion in Astoria, NY - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-17-2009, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dear All,

Great to find this community! We have just moved to Astoria from Chicagoland. I am seven and a half months pregnant with my first baby and need to find a pediatrician. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I would also be happy to connect with local moms and moms-to-be.

Thanks!

Marina
#2 of 11 Old 08-18-2009, 01:11 AM

Hi, Marina!

I can't help you with a pediatrician in Astoria - I'm meeting couple of pediatricians myself in next 2 weeks, but they are in Manhattan (Tribeca Pediatrics and Center for Continuum Healht). Let me know what you are looking for in a pediatrician, and I can ask couple of friends re:Astoria.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm also expecting my first - so exciting!
:

Feel free to PM me!

:
#3 of 11 Old 08-18-2009, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Kika!

I am also looking at Continuum Health but still hope to find something closer than Manhattan... They look the closest from their site and reviews to my ideal pediatrician. If only they were closer... I'll send you a PM with more details. And congratulations on your pregnancy!!!

Marina
#4 of 11 Old 08-18-2009, 11:51 PM

I lived in Astoria for 6 years (3 years as a momma) and was never able to find a pediatrician that I liked in AStoria or surrounding areas. We went to the Continuum center and saw Pamela Hops. Even though it is in Manhattan, the N train goes 1 block away so it's a very easy commute (if your on the N train, that is)

If you have a car, there is another pediatrician that is decent in New Hyde Park, but that's a good 30 minutes by car.

WElcome to Astoria and congrats on the little baby

Diana
#5 of 11 Old 08-19-2009, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Lolafanana!

Looks like there is no way around going to Manhattan... OK, will give Continuum Health a try.

Marina
#6 of 11 Old 09-03-2009, 04:49 AM

Tribeca Peds has an office in Williamsburg, which is really easy to get to if you have a car. Not sure yet how I feel about the practice though.

New mom to baby girl A 08/16/09; 2 cats A and H; and partner to R since 2000.
#7 of 11 Old 09-23-2009, 04:25 PM

Hi,

I'm also pregnant in Astoria. Did you have any luck with your search? I'm also just beginning to look for a pediatrician.
#8 of 11 Old 09-26-2009, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
we just moved from astoria to chicagoland! ironic! anyway, we went to dr. hops at continuum. love her! very easy going and respectful of no vaxes for us. she also ended up being my doc recently. i wish we couldve packed her! when my babe had fever she didnt push treatment and was very knowledgable on what he had. hope you like her as well!
#9 of 11 Old 01-29-2011, 02:42 PM

I'm in Astoria and looking for a Pediatrician for my two toddlers. Trying to get in at the Continum but they aren't accepting new patients right now. Any new tips?

#10 of 11 Old 02-02-2011, 08:23 PM

We also go to Continuum.  Have lived in Astoria for several years.  This question comes up a LOT in our Holistic Moms Network and pretty much everyone goes into Manhattan.  I recently heard about a place in Long Island City with a small office, two doctors and the main doctor isn't accepting patients.  Can't find the info right now and have to finish packing but just wanted to write something and get subscribed to this thread for future updates.

Marija, mama to Jordan 7/30/07
Owner of EC Wear www.ecwear.com Cute and Convenient Clothes for EC'ing Infants and Toddlers
#11 of 11 Old 08-16-2012, 09:29 AM

Reviving this post to see if anyone has any more recent suggestions? I am considering Tribeca Pediatrics (the East Side location), any other suggestions?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page