looking for Narbeth/Lower Marion info... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-07-2009, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We live Mt Airy (NW Philly) and are looking into moving in the Lower Marion area for the schools (we have another two years until our first born is ready for school). Any info out there that you can share - esp. other forums that cater to that area in particular? I belong to the Yahoo Group - MAPN (Mt Airy Parenting Network) which is useful for our area that we currently live in. Thanks in advance. And unfortunately, Phillyblog website has vanished, so I can search out info there.
#2 of 6 Old 10-07-2009, 07:38 PM

Many of the Phillyblog folks have moved to Philadelphia Speaks. You may want to post your questions there too.
#3 of 6 Old 10-15-2009, 04:37 PM

hello- we moved to lower merion last year from Philly and we really love it here. I would be happy to help you with questions or tell you more about the area. In my old neighborhood we had a great, very active parenting yahoo group, but unfortunately I haven't found a similar group here. there are- narberth@yahoogroups.com & lmparentsnetwork@yahoogroups.com but neither is very active.

two girls for us! 04.23.07 & 01.17.10...
#4 of 6 Old 10-17-2009, 07:56 AM

In Narberth, if you head down to the playground or to the library during the day, you can find lots of parents and a handful of nannies. People are friendly and strike up conversations regularly. On weekends there tend to be more dads with their kids at the park-- sometimes I am the only mom there. There is another rush of people around 5-6 after work. The Friday Main Line Times has good info about area library storytimes, etc. Occasionally there is info posted about playgroups at the train station. I have not found any online groups that are worthwhile. We have been here for over 4 years now... we love it here... it is a great place for families. PM me if you want any more specific area info.
#5 of 6 Old 05-30-2011, 07:34 PM

I know this is an old thread, just wanna see if there are any current Lower Merion mamas out there...considering a move there and realllllly need to connect!  Thanks

~~~Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul...you've got to run like a lamb queen out of control~~~
#6 of 6 Old 06-01-2011, 09:05 PM

Hi there! I'm right next to Lower Merion, just on the Haverford Township side! Where are you looking to move to in the L.M area?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page