Will be moving to York, PA soon: any pediatrician/midwife suggestions? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 01-11-2010, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone!

My name is Caitlin. I'm new to the site.

I have a 1 year old son and one baby on the way (due in August).

We are moving to a new home in York, PA at the end of February, so we will need a pediatrician as well as a midwife in the area. I'd really like a pediatrician who is open to a delayed vax schedule.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 01-12-2010, 12:20 AM

Might be too far for you from York, but I HIGHLY recommend the midwives at the Reading Birth & Women's Center. They helped me have a successful VBAC (which the doctors kept trying to talk be out of due to Gestational Diabetes)!
#3 of 6 Old 01-23-2010, 01:59 PM

Paula Hostler is a good homebirth midwife who lives in York.

Homebirth Midwifing mama to five blessings in Northeastern PA.

#4 of 6 Old 02-08-2010, 04:46 PM

yep, come across the river to lanco - cheri gard cnm works with drs eichenlaub and may, delivers @ womens and babies hospital http://www.lancastergeneral.org/cont...esHospital.htm very ncb friendly. bout 1/2 hr from york city. also ped - lancaster pediatrics http://www.lancped.com/ is who we use and we delay/spaceout/selectively vax - yeah sometimes they give us a "rough" time as in oh she needs this this this and we say nope she's only getting this right now we're doing that and that later - oh ok. only had one time where they asked me to sign a refusal and i crossed out the part i didn't like (something about endangering a childs health) and they didn't say a word about it, actually the provider told me to cross it out when i said i didn't like the way it was worded. other peds we talked to said on schedule or don't come here. most family drs "permit" an alt vax sched from what i know.
#5 of 6 Old 02-09-2010, 11:36 PM

I have a friend that uses Mary Mclane CNM, and LOVES her! She does HB, and works in Lancaster, & York Co, as well as the Harrisburg area! Hope that helps!

SAH Wife & Home Birthing, Homeschooling, Green, AP Mama to 2 precious little boys!
#6 of 6 Old 03-19-2010, 07:53 PM

I lived in York, PA up until last yr... be warned it isn't the friendliest city There are some amazing people but overall we did not find it very welcoming.
Dr. Robert Landis (York Pediatrics) was a great ped. and I no-vax and he was fine with it. Some of the others in the practice weren't as open but we used him as our primary.
Right across the street is Women's Health Care of York and Felicia Rohrbaugh and Lynn Brown are the mw's there. They were amazing! I had 2 of my children with that group and loved them. The dr's were great as well and after I figured out who I liked and wasn't as fond of I just stuck with those I liked.
Hope you find what you need and enjoy it

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page