Northeast PA - homeschoolers? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-11-2010, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any homeschool playgroups/co-ops in the area, or suggestions on where to look? Looking ideally for wayne county, though I could occasionally travel to Pike or Lackawanna counties.
#2 of 8 Old 03-12-2010, 01:22 AM

hi! i'm a homeschooler in wayne county as well (honesdale)- welcome!
i haven't had much luck finding really local homeschoolers, but there are definitely lots of us scattered about and we do manage to get together informally. if you're interested, there is a co-op that just started up near milford. there's another mdc mama who lives out in that area who may be able to give you more info on it (hopefully she'll catch this thread). we decided not to do it (at least this year) because it is a long drive and we're expecting another little one in may.
i'm also starting a wayne county chapter of the holistic mom's network (i posted details here yesterday, but feel free to pm me if you need them) and i'm hoping that will create some community for not only holistic families with really small children but also those of us with older kiddos who are homeschooling.
#3 of 8 Old 03-12-2010, 12:47 PM

DaisyAcers,
Hi! I had just posted about get togethers too! We are in Pike County, in Lackawaxen. I'm happy to have people over for activities or playgroups or whatever.

Eathymato2, I was excited to see your post about the Holistic Mom's network your setting up. Hopefully I will have transportation soon and can attend!
#4 of 8 Old 03-13-2010, 04:10 PM

hi autumninny- i must have missed your earlier post about get togethers, but we love connecting with other homeschoolers in the area! i have two boys ages 7 and 2.5. glad to see you caught my post about hmn- i'm so excited to be bringing it to this area- hope to see you april 7th!
#5 of 8 Old 03-13-2010, 04:16 PM

Yeah! I'm so excited to see this thread. Our family owns a home in Chester County but we've been living in Central pa for the last 18 months....we're moving to the Northeast in June. Still looking for a nice single family home to rent but we've pretty much narrowed our search down to the Tobyhanna or Lake Ariel/Goulsburg areas. Looking to network with other MDC mamas!
#6 of 8 Old 03-15-2010, 02:22 PM

I'm in the new co-op. We're currently meeting in Dingmans Ferry, but are looking for a more permanent meeting place possibly in Bushkill.

On the HMN front, there will be a Pike chapter starting out soon as well! I have declined to colead, but I will be participating and helping out as such.

So drop me an email and I can pass you along to the ladies in charge of either endeavor.
#7 of 8 Old 03-26-2010, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Is the co-op only on thursdays?
#8 of 8 Old 03-27-2010, 12:00 AM

They may need to change things in May due to scheduling conflicts, so it might not be Thursdays then.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page