Pediatricians in NJ who don't hassle you regarding vaccinations - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

#1 of 18 Old 03-30-2010, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all
I hope I'm posting this topic in the right forum. I need help finding a pediatrician in NJ who doesn't hassle you regarding NOT immunizing your children. Does anyone hear know of anyone I could go to. Thank you for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 03-30-2010, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbabyblue View Post
Hello all
I hope I'm posting this topic in the right forum. I need help finding a pediatrician in NJ who doesn't hassle you regarding NOT immunizing your children. Does anyone hear know of anyone I could go to. Thank you for any help!
Where in NJ are you looking?
#3 of 18 Old 03-30-2010, 09:07 PM

You might want to try posting in your tribal area.

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#4 of 18 Old 03-30-2010, 09:28 PM

I wouldn't say ours are necessarily happy with our delayed/selective vax schedule, but it doesn't really matter what your pediatrician thinks about your vaccination decision, honestly. It isn't their decision; its yours.
I have had a frank discussion with our pediatrician; found one who was willing to hear me out, and we go to him whenever we have an appointment. For specific special-order vaccines (like mercury free or single-dose), I go to my GP DO who will write a script.
Do your research, write things down if you're not comfortable with confrontation, and I found presenting a pre-prepared schedule helps "prove your case". If you seem like you "know what you're doing", they are less apt to hassle you, kwim?
Where in NJ are you?

Tweet me: @kellynaturally Working Mom to 2 Montessori-schooled kids. We're a vegetarian family! I blog at kellynaturally.com <--link in my profile!

#5 of 18 Old 03-30-2010, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm in Bergen County. I had one ped's office tell me they won't take me as a new patient if I don't vaccinate. I'd rather have someone who has a general respect for the parents who choose not to vaccinate. I think you're always going to get resistance from those that oppose it, and then you feel judged.
#6 of 18 Old 03-30-2010, 10:33 PM

I bet you'll get more responses from your Tribal Area - moving there now.
#7 of 18 Old 03-30-2010, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

hello
can you tell me or link me to where this was moved. and what is a tribe? sorry i'm new here. thank you!
#8 of 18 Old 03-31-2010, 03:01 PM

There is Dr. Rosen http://wholechildcenter.org/ in Oradell.

Kathy-Mom to Blake & Mikaela
#9 of 18 Old 04-03-2010, 12:47 AM

dr schlacter in essex fells, nj. don't use him personally but have friends who do and love him. he is too far away for us

jen mommy to dd1 (11y), dd2 (6y) and ds (3y)
#10 of 18 Old 04-03-2010, 01:01 AM

I don't know where you are in Bergen County, but Dr Shor in Ramsey is a nice Russian lady who advocates fresh air and homeopathy, and will be ok with no or slow vax. (She won't necessarily agree, but she will not hassle you.)
#11 of 18 Old 04-03-2010, 01:35 AM

We love Dr. Rosen's office, the Whole Child Center (linked in a previous post). They're very friendly to all kinds of alternative parenting and choices. They do say they support vax, and when you go in they ask if you're still planning not to vax, but when you tell them you still aren't interested they drop it. And they're also not fast to prescribe a lot of nonsense treatments and meds. We went in today for my son's 2 year visit, after not coming in at all since his 1 year. No word from them about it, and when she (we see the intern) found that his ear was inflamed and wet from the cold he just got over, she prescribed garlic oil drops and told us to give him more probiotics. Love them!
#12 of 18 Old 04-06-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigismom View Post
dr schlacter in essex fells, nj. don't use him personally but have friends who do and love him. he is too far away for us
YES!!! Dr Schlachter is Excellent. He doesnt like to do any vaxes at all until the child is at least 2. He said that is when their brains are for the most part developed, but he likes to keep them chemical free for as long as possible.

Every time I am in there he is explaining/helping someone with a religious or medical exemption.

He is not an alarmist, doesnt rush you, is very into organic/healthy choices.

At least go in and talk to him, you wont be disappointed

Wife of 10 yrs to Oaties, Mama to Bubs 08/06/08, Rizie 04/19/10 & MRae 02/02/13 & to dog2.gif

#13 of 18 Old 04-08-2010, 11:08 PM

Do you guys know about anybody in South Jersey who is more holistic and not vaccine crazy?
#14 of 18 Old 04-08-2010, 11:54 PM

I like Dr. Lisa Meli at All Bergen Pediatrics in Wyckoff and Hackensack. She's relaxed and very respectful of my ideas. I don't know how she'd react to no vaccines at all ever, but she certainly has been great about our selective/delayed program.

I'd recommend thoroughly searching this forum/tribal area because this question is asked pretty much every week so there are lots of replies and opinions.

Mummy to two,  vbac.gif winner.jpgsigncirc1.gif
#15 of 18 Old 04-29-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumi79 View Post
Do you guys know about anybody in South Jersey who is more holistic and not vaccine crazy?
Kressville Pediatrics won't hassle you. They ask every few years, but no pressure at all. I prefer Dr Mohazebbi (senior) because he's really old school and doesnt get hepped up about anything.
#16 of 18 Old 04-30-2014, 09:17 AM

A little south of Bergen County, but Dr Kerrigan at Touchpoint Pediatrics (Chatham, NJ) doesn't pressure us with vaccines. She is very friendly towards an alternate schedule. That said- our daughter DIDN'T go to daycare or have contact with other kids for her first year, she was watched like a hawk by my husband (stay at home dad). After the first year (when she started coming into contact with other kids, playdates..etc) we started our vaccination schedule but modified so she doesn't get anything unnecessary or more than 1 vaccine in a visit. We really like Dr. Kerrigan and touchpoint pediatrics. Wonderful place.

#17 of 18 Old 07-08-2014, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
religious exemp form/procedure/link for NJ

Hi. regarding non-vacc/ slow vacc schedule....where can I find religious exemption form/link/process info for NJ? Thanks in advance!!
#18 of 18 Old 07-27-2014, 07:45 AM

Dr Bacha in Tenafly, he was the ped I used with DS5 and DD3, until we moved out of state. I miss him and his easy going nature! He did a delay vax for me, no problem, and I have known people who do no-vax and see him.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page