Forum Jump: 

#181 of 204 Old 01-02-2012, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What town are you in? Cambridge, 10 min to VT, 40 min North of Albany
How old are your kids? DD 10, DD 7, DS 4 in Feb
How did you find MDC? I had a mag subscription
Are you interested in meeting other MDC moms? YES!!!!  I met one of my bestest friends on here in '05, and would love to meet some more mama's
What's your favorite holistic place in your area? (restaraunt, other business, etc). Don't really have one

M,partner to D,mama to Sofia (6/01), Madeline(11/04), and Quin(2/08)  Hoping for a tubal reversal baby SOON after the proceduremakebabe.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 204 Old 01-06-2012, 08:44 AM

What town are you in? Morrisville-Eaton area
How old are your kids? 7 and 4 both boys
How did you find MDC? searching for miscarriage support
Are you interested in meeting other MDC moms? Yes
What's your favorite holistic place in your area? Our Farm. :) But there is a nice restaurant in Cazenovia near by!

#183 of 204 Old 01-30-2012, 03:36 PM

What town are you in? Vestal
How old are your kids? 18,16, 4, & 22 months and I'm due in June
How did you find MDC? Miscarriage support 2006
Are you interested in meeting other MDC moms? That would be great
What's your favorite holistic place in your area? Let me know if you find one

Since I have your attention, I am looking for a homebirth in Broome County. My insurance (family health plus) says it will pay in full with PCP approval. Did you have a homebirth? Can you help me, or do you know someone who can?

Wife om.gif mamaluxlove.gif to five And citizen of Earthearth.gif
#184 of 204 Old 02-28-2012, 04:14 AM

At Charlies's Angel....

I have a friend who has a child in Spencerport HS who had to get a lawyer in order for her non-vaccinated child to attend school. Not easy, but not impossible! 

Good luck!

#185 of 204 Old 02-29-2012, 08:08 AM

What town are you in? Galway

How old are your kids? 17, 15, 13, 9 and 4

How did you find MDC? a friend

Are you interested in meeting other mom? yes

What is your favorite holistic place in the area? It's not holistic but you can get raw milk there. Willow Marsh Farm on Hop City Road. Ballston Spa, NY

Married for 18 years to the most amazing Dad, Husband and Friend a girl could want. We have a little place in Galway that we grow most of our own food and are looking into alternate energy. I would love to get to know some more folks in the area. I do have older kids so I am finding that I don't quite fit into the play groups so if there are any moms who have this same problem I would love to chat. And any new moms too.   

#186 of 204 Old 05-20-2012, 08:36 AM

hi there,

i just saw your post while searching for info support around non vax exemptions.  would you mind sharing what you wrote in your letter for religous exemption?  i would be most grateful:)

thanks so much...moriah

#187 of 204 Old 05-20-2012, 08:38 AM

P.S...this post was for mambecca:) although, for anyone else too who could help in this area:)

#188 of 204 Old 05-21-2012, 06:34 AM

michelleklu My cousin told me on rt 3 in watertown there is a health food store. I remember seeing it when we went thru there on way home from Adirondack park. don't know name but i think it was on left headed down into watertown from the drum.  not far from 81. I have  lots of relatives in the area you are going. I'm sorry none of them are into health like me. wish i could give you names and email to help you get to know someone up there.

DHcaffix.gif meteapot2.GIFDDfemalesling.GIFabout us 3 cats and 4 dogs goorganic.jpgfamilybed1.gifcd.gifsewmachine.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gifsaynovax.gifinthet.gifuc.jpg

#189 of 204 Old 05-21-2012, 06:41 AM

What town are you in?  near horseheads, NY

How old are your kids? coming out anytime now

How did you find MDC? googled UC

Are you interested in meeting other MDC moms?suire but moving to NC soon

What's your favorite holistic place in your area? Wegmans in elmira. I like greenstar in ithaca to but far away. I hear there is new restuant in Horseheads. will try after baby comes. to many food probelms right now.... milk for one.

DHcaffix.gif meteapot2.GIFDDfemalesling.GIFabout us 3 cats and 4 dogs goorganic.jpgfamilybed1.gifcd.gifsewmachine.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gifsaynovax.gifinthet.gifuc.jpg

#190 of 204 Old 05-21-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meksmama View Post

What town are you in? Bridgeport (near Syracuse)
How old are your kids? dd almost 6 , ds 2
How did you find MDC? local Holistic Moms Member
Are you interested in meeting other MDC moms? Yes!
What's your favorite holistic place in your area? Natur-Tyme

hey I went to elemantry there.  Chitt grad

#191 of 204 Old 05-27-2012, 06:50 PM

Hey there,

I hope you don't mind my crashing this thread, but I'm hoping there might be some central NY moms who could offer some advice to me.  I started my own thread but haven't gotten any replies....

We spend every July in central NY (Chenango Co.), and I'm looking for some dance classes (especially ballet) that my increasingly serious dancer can take while we're there.  She doesn't want to take a whole month off any more!

Some places I've found online are the Cazenovia School of Ballet (in Cazenovia), Amber Perkins Dance and Donna Frech School of Dance (both in Norwich).

If anyone can provide feedback on any of these places or make any other suggestions, I'd be so appreciative.  We are located in Smyrna, about halfway between Hamilton and Norwich.

(BTW, we tried a class at Joy's in Hamilton last summer and it wasn't really what we were looking for.)

Thank you so much for any help you can offer!

#192 of 204 Old 05-31-2012, 12:50 PM

What town are you in?  Buffalo area
How old are your kids? 10 to 2!
How did you find MDC?  Been here for years so I forget
Are you interested in meeting other MDC moms? Yes!    Just moved here!
What's your favorite holistic place in your area? (restaraunt, other business, etc).   My farmers markets and organic farm.

Desperately seeking a doctor who will accept delayed vax patients around here or else need pointers on exemption forms.   Thanks!

#193 of 204 Old 09-07-2012, 06:11 AM

Hi, all.

What town are you in? Outside of Clinton, near Utica

How old are your kids? taking a break from TTC after a miscarriage last month; no other kids, but 2 cats we love dearly

How did you find MDC? I'm not sure...

Are you interested in meeting other mom? Yes!

What is your favorite holistic place in the area? Kirkland Town Park, Shawangunk Nature Preserve, Rogers Environmental Center

#194 of 204 Old 09-07-2012, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ooh, it's been ages, I should check back in.  Still in Binghamton area, but I'm in Vestal, now.  And homeschooling.  Local homeschoolers (especially with kids reasonably near my kids ages - though my oldest is quite happy to play with much older kids - the friends she made at camp were all 12 and 13 *Sigh*) please contact me for playdates!  Also, locals should know (if you don't already) there's a number of crunchy mama groups in this area...

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#195 of 204 Old 09-07-2012, 10:49 AM

What town are you in? Camillus 
How old are your kids? The one in the oven is three months along. 
How did you find MDC? A friend/doula told me I needed to check it out. Thankfully I did!
Are you interested in meeting other MDC moms? Sure redface.gif
What's your favorite holistic place in your area? (restaraunt, other business, etc). Farmer's Market near the Carousel Mall (pardon me- DESTINY USA!) nod.gif

#196 of 204 Old 09-08-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvysen View Post

Ooh, it's been ages, I should check back in.  Still in Binghamton area, but I'm in Vestal, now.  And homeschooling.  Local homeschoolers (especially with kids reasonably near my kids ages - though my oldest is quite happy to play with much older kids - the friends she made at camp were all 12 and 13 *Sigh*) please contact me for playdates!  Also, locals should know (if you don't already) there's a number of crunchy mama groups in this area...

I'm in Vestal, we are not homeschooling, my oldest (who will be five in a few months) just started kindergarten, poor thing is not coping very well. I am also looking for playmates. I have a two and a half year old (I think we were in the same DDC), Anyway I couldn't resist more information on other local crunchy mama's. Everyone I know is so mainstream, I would love to have some like minded company.

TIA

Wife om.gif mamaluxlove.gif to five And citizen of Earthearth.gif
#197 of 204 Old 09-08-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky View Post

Hey there,

I hope you don't mind my crashing this thread, but I'm hoping there might be some central NY moms who could offer some advice to me.  I started my own thread but haven't gotten any replies....

We spend every July in central NY (Chenango Co.), and I'm looking for some dance classes (especially ballet) that my increasingly serious dancer can take while we're there.  She doesn't want to take a whole month off any more!

Some places I've found online are the Cazenovia School of Ballet (in Cazenovia), Amber Perkins Dance and Donna Frech School of Dance (both in Norwich).

If anyone can provide feedback on any of these places or make any other suggestions, I'd be so appreciative.  We are located in Smyrna, about halfway between Hamilton and Norwich.

(BTW, we tried a class at Joy's in Hamilton last summer and it wasn't really what we were looking for.)

Thank you so much for any help you can offer!

My girl is going to Amber Perkins, but the satellite school in Vestal not the main Norwich studio.  Her older contemporary kids ate FANTASTIC.  I didn't get a chance to see much ballet at the satellite school recital, but I would imagine if her contemporary is that good, the ballet must be pretty OK too.  Her tap kids were good as well.  Jazz, eh, not so much IMO, poor jazz seems to be falling by the wayside (it was my strongest style as a kid).  My daughter is only 6 so not serious yet, but I like the school so far and she wants to keep going so we're staying put - if she gets more serious, I imagine we'll either drive to Norwich if she wants to do contemporary, or check out Grigorian if she wants to stick with true ballet. I know Grigorian is centered in Elmira but has a studio in Binghamton, he's legit. 

I'm in Binghamton with an 8 yo boy and 6 yo girl.  We're public schooling them right now, but aren't 100% sold on it.  I straddle crunchy and mainstream quite regularly, depending on the issue.  And I can vouch for Juvysen as being awesome IRL.  love.gif

Edit:  Damn, now I think I'm going to call Grigorian.  I just watched a couple videos on You Tube.  That's the shiz. LOL

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#198 of 204 Old 09-08-2012, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri31 View Post

I'm in Vestal, we are not homeschooling, my oldest (who will be five in a few months) just started kindergarten, poor thing is not coping very well. I am also looking for playmates. I have a two and a half year old (I think we were in the same DDC), Anyway I couldn't resist more information on other local crunchy mama's. Everyone I know is so mainstream, I would love to have some like minded company.

TIA

There's a local forum at Southerntieirmommies.com but also some local mommy groups on FB.  I'm at facebook.com/juvysen if you want to friend me.  And yes, the4ofus and I are very good friends in real life...  Alternatively pm me and we'll get in touch for a playdate :)

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#199 of 204 Old 09-20-2012, 07:25 PM

What town are you in?  We're in the general Rocheste/Finger Lakesr area.

How old are your kids?  They're 4 and 5, and due with #3 in Dec/Jan
How did you find MDC? I've been around it for about five years, I don't remember where exactly I found out about it
Are you interested in meeting other MDC moms? Absolutely
What's your favorite holistic place in your area? (restaraunt, other business, etc). Don't really have one yet.  I've mostly just met people online.  There is a coolish cloth diaper and more store up in Rochester where they hold homebirth meetings, but I forget the name of it.

We're homeschooling right now and hoping for a happy smooth birth for #3.  We bought a house here about six months ago but we're kind of out of step with a lot of our neighborhood which is a pretty new development with a lot of young families, but so far we haven't met many crunchy types so far.  We get along well enough for small talk stuff but they're mostly young professionals with a manicured green lawn; both DH and I are essentially SAH unjobbers, and I dream of making this place into a suburban homestead (well... more like urban with our 1/3 acre lot, but hey) with a garden and clothesline and if DH ever changes his mind, a chicken or two.  I think this area has a lot of potential for that sort of thing!  A few miles out that's very common on all the farmhouse properties just down the road, but we got a very good deal on this house and blah blah.  It's great but we're not 100% fitting into the vibe of the community. So while I have my happy homesteading journey,  I would just like some company while I do it.  ;)  We live in kind of a small town and everyone already seems to know each other, and when I go in to Rochester it's the opposite end of the spectrum - there's just so many people up there, but again, they all seem to know each other.  I'm slowly getting to know people through homeschooling etc. but I wouldn't mind some MDC-crunchy types of friends as well.  :)

#200 of 204 Old 11-03-2012, 11:39 AM

We are in Hamilton, and my kids are 8,5,and 1.  I do a La Leche League meeting here on the 4th Wed. of the month if you are interested.  We are also no vacs!

#201 of 204 Old 11-03-2012, 11:48 AM

I am in Eaton also and I have 2 boys (8,and 5) and a daughter who is 1.  We are looking for homeschoolers and local likeminded friends

#202 of 204 Old 12-09-2012, 12:31 PM

#203 of 204 Old 12-09-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleawicks View Post

michelleklu My cousin told me on rt 3 in watertown there is a health food store. I remember seeing it when we went thru there on way home from Adirondack park. don't know name but i think it was on left headed down into watertown from the drum.  not far from 81. I have  lots of relatives in the area you are going. I'm sorry none of them are into health like me. wish i could give you names and email to help you get to know someone up there.

Mustard Seed is the health food store on Arsenal Street (Rte 3) in Watertown.
#204 of 204 Old 12-26-2012, 08:40 AM

Hey everyone! It's michelleklu. I was interested in starting a pre-homeschool group for the Watertown/Fort Drum Area.  It would be for families with children from 3-6 and we would meet maybe once every other week to do crafts or a field trip.  Would anyone be interested in joining/helping me start this group?

I've been a part of Fort Drum homeschooling group but the other children are a lot older and I wanted this group to be for like-minded parents who would enjoy doing natural crafts, going for nature walks, etc.

PhilsBabyMama, was your son in gymnastics before? I think we've met!

Tags
New York Academy Of Sciences , The European Family The Family Question In The European Community , Next Chapter Book Club A Model Community Literacy Program For People With Intellectual Disabilities , Get Out Explore And Have Fun How Families Of Children With Autism Or Asperger Syndrome Can Get The M , Peer And Neighbourhood Influences On Teenage Pregnancy And Fertility Qualitative Findings From Resea

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page