Looking for coupons for Philly trip: National Constitution Center, other attractions? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-12-2010, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're planning a day trip to Philly and I'm looking for coupons for the National Constitution Center, and other attractions in the "Old City" area, or for food in the vicinity (Reading Terminal Market?). Does anyone have coupons they aren't planning to use (there is one for the Constitution Center in the Philly Entertainment Guide if someone has it and doesn't plan to use it). I have been online, and don't see much listed besides CityPass and PhiladelphiaPass. Is there a site where I can find coupons to print for the area? Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-24-2010, 12:32 PM

I live here in Philly and used to live in old city -- have almost never seen coupons for the museums like Constitution Center but I would stop at the Visitors Center (right on 6th & Market Sts, in front of the constitution center) and check with them when you arrive - the people there would know where to point you for budget/bargains, or, if there are coupons, they would have them. The Liberty Bell, Independence Hall are free and there is now great playground for the kids called Franklin Square right behind the Constitution Center - they have a free playground, grass for picnicking, a restaurant, a carousel, that kind of thing.

Reading Terminal Market (and Chinatown behind it) would definitely contain some of the best bets for cheap, diverse eating -- however, I never see coupons for the vendors in Reading Terminal as its an active market type of place, not just eateries. However, lots of good takeout, etc... and one of the cheapest and best is the middle eastern place which has great falafel sandwiches and smoothies...

If you are coming by train, you could stop at the Reading market and pick up items for eating later and then walk down, see attractions and picnic down on the grass at the constitution center or in Franklin Square.

Mama to Charlotte (2/14/07) and Julian (11/27/10) both born at home.
#3 of 3 Old 04-24-2010, 09:46 PM

I shop regularly at Reading Terminal Market--like the PP said, its generally inexpensive and there aren't coupons that I've ever seen. For 'attractions', the old gophila.com website had a weekly email of deals and coupons. Its now visitphilly.com and I'm not familiar with the revised site, but I imagine its a similar format. So many things in Old City are free (paid for by fed $) that it comfortably offsets the cost of the places that charge an admission.

I have a couple of friends who work at the Constitution Center--its worth paying admission both for the excellent content and to keep some like-minded folks employed!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page