Syracuse, NY MW? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-16-2010, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone use Meredith Greers? Like her or not and why? Thanks for your input. I am hoping to use her as my hb mw!
#2 of 6 Old 08-16-2010, 04:58 PM

It might be more helpful to post in the NY Finding Your Tribe area

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#3 of 6 Old 08-16-2010, 08:46 PM

Moved from I'm Pregnant to FYT.

Stay-at-home mom to 2 beautiful.busy.boisterous boys b. 08.17.05 & 12.29.08
Nirvana is . . . the living happiness of a soul which is conscious of itself and conscious of having found its own abode in the heart of the Eternal. --Gandhi
#4 of 6 Old 08-17-2010, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I met her at the Midwifery rally we had in Albany. I haven't had a chance to work with her yet.

I PM'd you too.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#5 of 6 Old 08-20-2010, 09:07 AM

I'd really like to more about this midwife!! I'm looking for someone to attend a birth in Syracuse, too...
#6 of 6 Old 08-14-2011, 10:17 AM

I met Merideth last fall (2010) and started my prenatal appointments with her in December of 2010. We had a long (25 hrs) but gentle waterbirth at home in early June with Merideth with her assistant at the time, Sue Derby. I really enjoyed my experience with Merideth - all of my prenatals were great and I never felt rushed. I had an easy pregnancy but I know that she does a lot to work with OB's or more traditional doctors if you have other medical issues/interventions (ex. ultrasounds). I think that our only frustration has been with my postpartum healing. I had a second degree tear as a result of my daughters birth and although Merideth stitched me the way that the tear came together has been a little "off" - luckily it's not painful or doesn't seem to create any functional problems but I have decided to get a second opinion from our family practice MD.

Merideth also offers Hypnobirthing classes. My husband and I did take the class she offered (we found out that it was the first time she had ever taught it) and we were not really impressed with her teaching style. Hypnobirthing didn't work for me, at least not when I really needed it (transition & pushing).

As far as I know I think that she is the only midwife who is taking on new clients right now in the Syracuse area. Her rates are really reasonable and she does bill insurance - but you have to pay up front and wait for reimbursement (if your company does). She does have a website - www.cnymidwife.com and her practice is on facebook (Family Tree Midwifery) if you are looking for more information about her.

If you have any other specific questions I can answer I would be more than happy to. I know we were desperate to find a homebirth midwife and we're so happy when we signed on with Merideth. I never regret my decision when I look at my happy, healthy, and glowing waterbirth baby who's 2 months already!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page