Earth Scouts group starting in Ithaca, NY - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 09-17-2010, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh my I need to stop in here more often...so many new people

Below is our press release about starting up an Earth Scouts group for Ithaca area families (well, and anyone else who wants to visit Ithaca twice a month )

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions

We are excited to announce that our community now has an alternative scouting experience: Ithaca Earth Scouts!

Earth Scouts is a national scouting program for boys and girls aged 3 -17.

Children and Youth are encouraged to become responsible global citizens empowered with the ability to make a difference in their local communities and throughout the world.

Through education, activities, and service our scouts promote The Earth Charter vision of a culture of peace and sustainability.

They also have fun by earning badges centered on The Earth Charter’s guiding principles: respect of nature, universal human rights, economic justice and equity, participatory democracy and a culture of peace and nonviolence.

Our program welcomes people from all nations, cultures, and faiths. We are an inclusive community committed to sharing ideas, information and support as we journey on the Earth Scouts path.

If you would like more information or if you would like to register, please email us at info@ithacaearthscouts.org or come join us for our first meeting to learn more about our upcoming adventures!

Also, it's great to be involved while the group is still forming because we'll be making some fun decisions, such as uniform design and event planning.

FIRST GATHERING: Intro to the Ithaca Earth Scouts
September 26, 2-5pm
Contact me here or at info@ithacaearthscouts.org for the location (it's West Hill, Ithaca)

The website is under construction, but we will be sure to announce when it is up and running! Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible!

mom to three boys:  reading.gif(18 bigeyes.giffencing.gif(10&7)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page