Rochester NY Montessori/Waldorf inspired childcare available - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-18-2010, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am studying to become a Montessori teacher and in the meantime have two openings for full time and two part time openings (for the 5 and under group) as well as after school care. Odd hours are acceptable

My home environment is set up to help children learn to do things on their own. We always dance to different cultural music, do arts and crafts and spend at least one hour outside in our fenced in backyard.

I am vegetarian and can accommodate any nutritional needs and stipulations.

We are in the Greece area, I don't smoke and there is no smoking in our house. We do have a dog and a cat- both of whom are terrific with children.

I realize posting a sort of ad on a chat room is a little... selfish? maybe? But my 2 year old daughter was going to attend the Greece Montessori school this year but we had to pull her at the last moment because we couldn't afford it. I have heard many families also say that they wish they could send their kids but it's too expensive. I hope to be able to provide a similar environment at a more affordable cost. And Rowen is my little social butterfly, we would so love to have more playmates all day!

Please let me know if you are interested in childcare, or even simply playdates where we can discuss in home Montessori!

thx
Brittany
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 05-22-2011, 07:15 AM

Hi! I just saw your posting here when searching for waldorf childcare in the Rochester area. We are looking for someone this Fall for our 1.5 year old twin girls. They will be closer to 2 when we get to that point, but I'm wondering if you are still building a home child care system and if you might be willing to talk with me? Send me a private message. Thank you!

Jessica

Rochester, NY

#3 of 7 Old 07-25-2011, 12:20 PM

Hi Brittany-

I have been researching Montessori's in Rochester (my family will be relocating there next month), and came across your old post. Are you still running a home0based school? If so, I'd love to chat.

Thanks-

Greer

Mom to Ozzy, 3 1/4, who will sorely miss Brooklyn Montessori Day School next year.

Greer Goodman

Shindig - Not your average kid's party

www.shindignyc.com

#4 of 7 Old 10-23-2012, 11:35 AM

I have the same question about your now even older post.   Your post popped up in a search.  Please contact me if you have any interest.  I would need full days 2 times per week with a rare third day.  Thanks. 

#5 of 7 Old 11-01-2013, 01:24 PM

I know that this is a very old post, but it came up in a search and you sound like just what I'm looking for.  If you are still in child care, please contact me ASAP!  [email protected]

#6 of 7 Old 11-01-2013, 01:25 PM

Or, if any of you others who replied and asked have found great solutions, I'd love to hear about them!

#7 of 7 Old 11-13-2013, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

This post is incredibly old, life got really crazy for a while there. I am so sorry to those of you who contacted me years ago about childcare and didn't hear back from me! I had stopped checking the messages after a while when I wasn't getting responses and I should have continued to check on this!

For the first time in many years, we finally know we'll be staying put for good. I'm in a good place to start childcare again after making the decision to put off working outside of the home. I switched my studies from Montessori to Hypnotherapy (quite a jump, huh?) I am still an avid fan of Montessori,although by now I lean a bit more towards Waldorf. ;) 

We still are sure to get our outside time, still craft and dance to music daily! I homeschool Rowen who is now 5, we use Oak Meadow and would love to have friends join in on our lessons. 

I'm really flexible too, if you just need someone on occasion I have no qualms with that.

User Tag List